Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop in your queries,will try to answer - buffycoat
drjz82 - 01/07/08 21:17

I have my exam (2nd attempt )in phile this friday.please tell me how and which cheap place to stay for the night and also if u have cases of phile?

buffy- I donot have much idea in tht coz I gave my test in chicago.
Better google for cheap hotels .I am sure you will find one .

Good Luck
hey buffy..i had one problem..i m not able to complete CNS examination on time...if i try to include all points...wats ur suggestion? secondly how u prefer to do examination I mean u complete all reflexes, sensation and motor examination first for upper limbs and then proceed for lower limb? plz guide me how to complete case on time
shiman - 01/09/08 20:09

missed closing in 2 cases due to lack of time.?chances? the rest 10 cases went very well

buffy-they consider mainly 10 cases 2 r not taken in consideration hopefully those 2 be the one that's not considered on exam .If yes also then only closing error wont fail you .I can't say for sure but if u r confident in other 10--then u r pass from my side.
hokabaj: i m not able to complete CNS examination on time...if i try to include all points...wats ur suggestion? secondly how u prefer to do examination I mean u complete all reflexes, sensation and motor examination first for upper limbs and then proceed for lower limb? plz guide me how to complete case on time

buffy--donot have to include all your points. this is little tricky.they want u to show confidence and not knowledge--if you show ur knowledge it will take more time . For CNS no upper limb reflexes necessary...by this I mean, lower limb reflexes hold better credit than upper.

for effective cns exam look in : http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=255624
first page my reply.

G luck

I love your other post, thank u very much for the time u took to help us!
hey buffycoat, i have a question.In case of headache with photophobia,do we turn off the lights once we realise it's disturbing the patient or when patient tells us about the light.? and do u turn off the lights when we do fundoscopic exam?
hi buffycoat,
can u tell me the questions we need to ask for mini mental status exam n cases in which we hav to ask these questions.
my email id is ksitara99
Thank u so much for answering my Qs.
May all good days come in ur way today n always.
hey sitara:

Question to ask for MMSE

Always start with --these questions might sound little odd but I need to know the answer,are you willing to help me in that?

1)
Can you see that clearly? if you can see can you tell me its name?------
2) 3 step command: Can you hold this pen in your left hand ,then on the right and give it back to me?
3)What would you do if you see your house on fire? --judgement
4) Can you tell me where you are right now? what time of the day is now? With whom you came here today?
5) What did you have in your breakfast?--recent memory
Do you know what happened in sept 11?--remote memory

Make a pattern of question and follow it .Perform every time you practice so you will not find the questions that difficult to ask.

plsprayforme: I am praying for you-- G luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »