Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop in your queries,will try to answer - buffycoat
Buffy coat,
do we need to dim the light ,while ,doing fundoscopy n pupilllary reflex.
yes you must dim the light before fundoscopy.
For pupillary reflex I think you can do that in the room light---anyway I didn't checked that in my exam.Do as you would like to.

If patient is having headache--ask whether diming the light will help them.If they say yes then dim it or else carry on with the history.
First,let me thank u very,very much and God bless u!!!!!!!
I have a difficulty with PN (((
Can u ,please tell me how to reflect MMSE in a PN?
hi buffycoat,
thank u very much 4 helping us all here n 4 your valuable time,...
my exam in 2wks.
1..i am weak in counselling./..i give alot of pauses..can u plz tell me how to improve on it...n that shouldnt be the cause of my failure...
2.once we summarize history before begining PE...n should i again repeat it in end after PE..n also to save time,can i counsel abt smoking n drinking,just after history taking...does that sound good to sp....thanks in advance...
hpv-

Frankly speaking I really donot know how to reflect the MMSE--may be you can see in FA cases where there are positive /history clinical findings.

You can start like: Alert/confused,Unable to follow 3 step command,Orientation to time/place/person, poor judgement,etc

usmlemed123:
1..i am weak in counselling./..i give alot of pauses..can u plz tell me how to improve on it...n that shouldnt be the cause of my failure...----- pauses do not matter that much,But work on that by making points what you will say in every counselling case.Main thing is encounter should include counselling ,how effective does not matter in 15 min assessment,what matters is the weighty content which help patient to motivate.

2.once we summarize history before begining PE...n should i again repeat it in end after PE..n also to save time,can i counsel abt smoking n drinking,just after history taking...does that sound good to sp-----------------Never repeat the summary.It kills time.I may sound odd but after practice only you can know that it sounds awkward.
Main point in counselling is to make patient feel that doc is caring.

just after " will sit back together to discuss the treatment options.............I want to counsel you on ....................utter the word counsel,to let the patient know that counselling has been done.....

prepare a rigid format for the counselling and use the same format always .

good luck

No queries any more folks....huh!!

Well that's good.

Good luck to all of those having exam recently and who were just out of it.
Can somebody add some cases to this post so that a newbie can get all the information and compete with equal potential.

Help - only word meant to others.

May peace n harmony prevail.
case of dizziness how to expalin about dix-hallpike maneuver,electronystagmography, in patients language.

how to expalin perilymhatic fistula..

v need to explain all five differntials and work up....or 2-3 is enough??

waiting for ur comments
buffy coat,
Your MMSE explanation is vey good..God bless you with all your work !!
Jovanat
What Q to ask for rape case? What examination we ve to do???
Thank you for your suggestions. God bless you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »