Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop in your queries,will try to answer - buffycoat
midazolam2008
Electronystagmography- electronical detection of the roving eye movements
dix-hallpike maneuver- I am performing a test while you lie down with your head little below the level of the head rest of this bed. Please let me know if you donot comprehend. I will make sure you wont be having any problem during the test. Shall I proceed? ( supplement this with the gestures so that patient comprehend in a better way)

Perilymphatic fistula- abnormal connection between the middle and inner ear (be short and to the point)

As far as D/D goes 2-3 is more than enough, if you have multiple--it shows lack of confidence in you. Even if you utter the diagnosis that is mistake, the way you approach the case is valued and not the exact diagnosis. Describe the most probable one in a layman language and 2nd probable diagnosis would be ........ but we need to run some test like.............. to reach a final diagnosis.....after having done that we will sit together and discuss the management options. Do you have any queries?

jovanat: Thanks for the compliments....guys work on one and make your own explanation so that you feel more confident .

niceday: Looks like you wanna trip me over. Never heard of a rape case. But anything can happen in life so here's how I would have approached a rape victim:::

express emotions to show empathy, Tell her that you are here to help her out of the psychological trauma after the event, Examination: I would like to perform some general examination on you if you give me the permission, Please donot hesistate to reveal anything on the history also.
Look for the bruises, tender spots......mainly inspect and palpate the probable area where trauma is inflicted. Do all other CVS,Respiratory exam in brief (may be auscultate only)
I will have to perform the pelvic and genital examination but a little later. ( Utter these words as the patient want to hear the words that even in this situation doctor is being professional along with empathy and in a very positive way)---- That's all I can say. If some person have a different opinion, drop in yours.

Thanks
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,how to prep for cs, and wit wat all material, do help me wit the link,
thanks buffy
simi121: First aid, Usmleworld cases and positive learning attitude is all you need to pass.

For detail info drop in your email and I will email you the preparation tips.

yoda1: Its for people like you, I want you all to succeed.

Good Luck
knl: donot worry about what has happened.
I think you have done a pretty good job.
Choice of diagnosis matters but not that much as PN+history+physical exam constitutes the whole ICE.

1 case can not ditch u that bad.

Be optimistic...
hi
do i pass if i did ok in 9 cases?
how many cases r scord?do they score the best? wt is % to pass ?
hi.buffycoat thanks for reply.
another quries regarding physicalexamination.....fro instance in case of headache......shod v do detail examition in genral.exam--sinus tenfernes.oral cavity,lymhnode palpation...... like all cranial nervespower in all musscle..all reflexes..plus gait ,fundoscopy....

consumes too much time.......????....focus by all these things imp.for this case..
hi buffycoat ........i have a question .......i gave my cs on apr 30......i am really anxious abt the result ........my handwriting is also really bad and am really worried i might fail in patient notes .....another thing.......do we have to to write the correct diagnosis in all cases......for example in a clear case of PID i didnt write it first in the dd maybe 3 rd r 4 th i dont remember but the investigations i wrote them right.......in another case of palpitations i dint add anxiety in the dd s and those who wrote the exam with me say its a case of anxiety .........and in another case of stress incontinence i ouldnt remember the words stress incontinence in exam and wrote there pelivic floor weakness due to delivery of 3 large babies probably cystocele.....so with these mistakes can i pass in patient notes pls let me know tnks in advance
Hi,
will i pass with the followin mistakes:-
1.In one pt note,i wrote Dx as AIDS instead of HIV
2.i did not walk with the pt when i asked her to walk
3.i did SLR& hoffmanns sign,but not sure whether it is +ve or not.but i wrote in pt note as ++ve
4.i did not counsel regarding safety in a physical assault case
5.2 sp's asked to repeat what i said as they did not understand(once)

But i completed all case in time
Hi,
will i pass with the followin mistakes:-
1.In one pt note,i wrote Dx as AIDS instead of HIV
2.i did not walk with the pt when i asked her to walk
3.i did SLR& hoffmanns sign,but not sure whether it is +ve or not.but i wrote in pt note as ++ve
4.i did not counsel regarding safety in a physical assault case
5.2 sp's asked to repeat what i said as they did not understand(once)

But i completed all case in time
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »