Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop in your queries,will try to answer - buffycoat

Response to sgeneral - 01/31/09 21:57

can any one explain that:
I failed ICE I don't know why. here is the report
Data Gathering xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Patient Note *

can any one tell me what * means and why there is no xxx next to it.
did any one had the same report and passed? does recheck helps?
thank you.

-----------Looks like there was problem with patient note the component of ICE.
Practice writing patient notes.
Take help from FA sample cases.
I dont think recheck will help at all. You will be wasting your money for nothing.
It would be better if you make up ur mind that you have to improve.

The possible thing that failed you is the order of diagnosis and investigations. Try to write investigations matching the first possible diagnosis and the next investigations can correspond to other diagnosis. In fact learn by hard all the D/D and investigations of all possible symptoms like chest pain

Best of luck in your next exam!!
Be confident and do anything to make patient feel that you care for them.

Response:

I need ur help regarding PN if anyone can send me the right format how to write it .....

abdullahk85
------Try to write patient note as soon as you attempt a practice case. Then tally that with FA sample cases. The common mistake that is made is you think that the space in the exam paper would be more. It is not that way. Thats why I suggest you to place a blank paper of A4 size over the blank sample FA patient note and write in the blank paper the history exam D/d and inv in the same pattern as that in sample case including the rectangular border.
That way you would know how small and legible should your writing be.

Tallying the one you wrote with FA sample patient note is the best way you learn. Then you learn by hard the most common presentation like chest pain ....along with the common D/d and investigations to be written.

I hope I clarified your query.
All the best for the next try.
you are a great person buffy...
I like your posts ...
may God bless you with success & happiness in all life aspects Smile
i simply cannot believe the time and effort you have put in to help others..God is watching and you will be rewarded..thanks a lot from me..i read all 19 pages of this post as i am going to start preparing soon. it was v helpful. tx again.
please send me any other valuable info that you can
javedhzaidi
tx a 3rd time!!!
i failed the ICE part. any tips? i did really bad in the history taking and physical exam part. running out of time was a big problem for me and i didn't know what i really needed to do as far as a "focused PE" help pls!!
please advise, whether to write or type the PN?
my handwriting is ok but need to practise for typing.
missed cranial nerve exam in a confusion case
but did mmse and strength, reflexes,gait,sensation etc.
so didnt write cr. n in pt.note too
did the closure,though..

forgot footrest in 1 case, but said sorry.

couldnot close 1 case

other cases were ok.
and counselled whenever needed.
will I hav chance to pass?
Response to jazzman - 02/19/09 13:52
Prepare well all the best.

Response to drdm - 02/19/09 14:05

i failed the ICE part. any tips? i did really bad in the history taking and physical exam part. running out of time was a big problem for me and i didn't know what i really needed to do as far as a "focused PE" help pls!!
------------- ICE failure huh.
Practice writing patient notes.
FA is the best for the patient note writing. Write the patient note as son as you finish a timed encounter. That way you will know where are you having problem. Tally your note wuith the systemwise note in FA eg: If you are doing a chest pain case refer to sample note of chest pain case in FA.
It tells you that you have to write RRR- regular rate rhythm, PMI- point of maximum impulse..etc . The other thing is how would you start writing a story of
patient's symptoms. It should flow smoothly. Do not write NO too much . Be specific. In this case no syncope/ SOB. and that's it. Do include the sexual history, occupation history in the HPI.
For Inv and D/ D , learn by hard all the common presentations with their D/ D and inv.....you wont have much time to think in exam.
Follow the pattern in FA and you will be alright. Ask others to comment on you. Others comments is valuable for you to improve.

Response to sun123 - 02/19/09 15:03

please advise, whether to write or type the PN?
my handwriting is ok but need to practise for typing.
--- Please donot think of typing in exam if you can write legibly. The main problem with typing is, if you are slow and practicing in exam itself, you will be screwed up.
Work on your writing and make it as legible as you can.

All the best
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »