Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pharma q's - drvirgo
1.how diuretics (loop or thiazides)use can lead to lithium toxicity?
2.why NSAID'S are relatively contraindicated in heart failure?
3.what is the treatment of choice in a neonate opioid withdrawal symptoms born to a mother who is homeless IV drug abuser?
4.which anticonvulsant leads to generalized lymphadenopathy?
5.which antihyperlipidemic and antitubercular drug can precipitate acute gouty attack?
no one ......................??????????
1. ??
2. ASA may decrease effects of ACEI (again i dont know how)
3. Diluted tincture of opium and phenobarbital
4. ??
5. Niacin and pyrazinamide
1) Mecanism? Not sure but I think thiazides may increase lithium toxicity by Li retention.
Thiazides will also increase the risk of digoxin toxicity, due to the hypokalaemia.

4) Phenytoin? dont know
1]Loop diuretics: May decrease the renal excretion of lithium, leading to toxicity...Thiazide diuretics: May increase serum lithium concentration via sodium depletion and decreased lithium clearance; a lithium dose reduction of 50% is commonly recommended.
2]patients with congestive heart failure, have renal function that is strongly dependent on prostaglandin-mediated blood flow. NSAIDs can inhibit this process and result in further decline. When NSAID therapy diminishes renal function, it can lead to fluid retention, hyperkalemia, and congestive heart failure.
3]tincture of opium
4]phenytoin-Rarely seen effects: SLE-like syndrome, lymphadenopathy, hepatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, blood dyscrasias, dyskinesias, pseudolymphoma, lymphoma, venous irritation and pain, coarsening of facial features, hypertrichosis
5]nicotinicacid and pyrazinamide
wow kola you are excellent.you have explained everything very well.thanks to others also.hey kola when is your exam.good luck to all.
mine coming up next week .goodluck to you too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »