Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those who failed this time make a support group. - neuromuscular
i have been the silent member of the forum but actually learned many many things here. I took my exam based on UW, Kaplan, Goljan and FA but failed 74/183. I am very very disappointed. I took off from my job in the last month of my study. Now i am working 2 jobs ( 6 Nights a week). What would you suggest? I have to work to support myself since i am in US and you can't sustain here without a job. I can't leave my jobs and also want to study. I know some members failed with margin. Can we make a support group here and exchange our thoughts and advices. I am very upset but thankful to God who has given me a chance to reappear since passing with 75 is horrible. Thus god saved me by only 2 points.
I think first step here would be to ask ourselves why did we fail despite working hard. I have following reasons to fail:
1. I didn't pay much attention on reproductive system and i got 15-20 questions
2. I got histology slides from blood which looked similar to me so i couldnt differentiate. those were 7-9 in number
3. i got 15-20 questions from biostatistics which i had ignored totally.
Future strategy:
1. Revise goljan 500 pages and make concepts.
2. UW pay attention to every answer choice (right/wrong)
3. FA every word.
4. Kaplan : here i am confused since i dont have time to watch kaplan dvds and read lengthy books. You can advise me here.
5. i dont know what to do for biostatistics

If you have any questions / suggestions feel free to participate here.
Remember God has given us a chance to improve and work for the greater score
Thanks to everyone

hi neuromuscular,
me too new on this forum, knew about it before, but was passive.took exam but got a bad score.really need to prepare again, but with a whole lot of confidence and difference.ya, lets form a support group.wats ur email id?
Hello neuromuscular, glucose275

I am also new to the forum and a silent spectator. I also took my test recently and failed it and was very close. After i saw the results i was very depressed. Visiting the forum reading the posts how everyone is encoraging each other. Lets form a support group we should exchange email id. Thanks
I totally agree with all of you.Please consider me in your support group.My e-mail is juliusubole

I really appreciate your good wards guys..
guys although i havent appeared in the exam yet but the day of truth is not far

now its a very good idea that u have created this topic which would help us to disucss, and try and prevent further heartbreaks in future

after seeing the recent very unexpected result , everyone including me has been in a state of bewilderedness

it has left many question unanswered , i m unsure if NBME still reflects the actual exam score as ppl who scored reasonable in NBME failed in actual exams and if these books are enough
if OKT3, Bat21 and other ppl could help us in untangling this mystery n wt different we all should be doing

it would be a great help if everyone could chip in and give their comments and suggestion
hi julius,abadshah,mia,neuromuscular,
lets all discuss, post questions, be encouraging to each other.my email id is glucose275
thanks glucose275,abadshah, julius, maia87, my email is sam_20018. i encourage all who failed recently and discuss future strategies,
thanks and good luck to all
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »