Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which one is correct ? - hellerphd
A 22-year-old woman comes to the physician because of diffuse constant headaches and vision problems for 3 months, the headaches are worse in the morning when she awakens from sleep. She also has had brief episodes of loss of vision in both eyes. She has had an 18-kg (40-Ib) weight gain over the past year. She now weighs 100 kg (220 lb) and is 163 cm (64 in) tall. Visual acuity is 20/30 bilaterally. Visual fields are full, but the blind spots are enlarged bilaterally. Funduscopic examination shows marked blurring of the optic disc margins bilaterally. The remainder of the neurologic examination shows no abnormalities. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?
O A) Amaurosis fugax
O B) Central retinal vein occlusion
O C) Glaucoma
O D) Macular degeneration
O E) Migraine
O F) Nutritional optic neuropathy
O G) Optic neuritis
O H) Pituitary adenoma
O I) Pseudotumor cerebri
0 J) Temporal arteritis
the answer I got is A, I don;t understand

IIIII Pseudo tumour cerebri

I....for me as well...young obese female...

hellerphd,
your choice is A? or the ource of the Q is telling you it A??
the source is telling me is A

It looks like according to fundoscopy----An arterial block--Ischemia . The only one here is amaurosis--which is arterial block-----
there are a few clues to suggest 'IIIII' Pseudo tumor cerebri .... obese, early morning headaches, and "enlargement of blind spot" ............is the source answer 'A' ?
tough Q ...
blurring of the optic disc margins is one of the presentation of papilledema...which is seen in Peudotumor cerebri...

i dont know..tough question!
Bernie--The Sx of loss of vision temporary---like a curtain fllin down is also a clue to monocular blindness aka amurosis fugax
hyatt, I considered that, but I was also considered ALL clues given. Also, the question never actually says 'curtain falling down'... it says "brief episodes of loss of vision"

No doubt this case can go either way... good discussion
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »