Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
case of dizziness - victoryusmle
i am not able to finish the cns exam on time. if we try to do it quickly and the sp is not able to comply.....he feels rushed... or he is old and not able to do it quickly

then what happens...does the sp cut points or is it fail right away
He may cut points. But you don't need to be 100% to pass the test. Just try and do your best.
1. do HEENT (40-50 sec)
2. CN
- How many fingers do you see?
draw "H" with ur finger to follow with pt's eyes not head
- "feel this?this?this?" touch above eyebrows, cheeks, chin
- "rise eyebrows", "smile"
- hear this? (fingers)
-say"A", toungue side to side
-shrag ur shoulders
3. motor and sensor, DTR, pulse in LE and UE
4. Romberg (not nessecery if case doesnt imply it)

THATS ALL!!!!!

it takes ONLY 7 monutes of ur time....!
should manage to finish within 5 min..

1. 12 CN: one min
2. MRS: 1.5min
3. Eye and ear: 1.5min
4. romberg and gait: 1min

SP understand it is hard to finish neuro exam, so they will cooperate with you very well.
CSTOPASS, Id like to see you to complete 12 (!) CN in ONE min.... Hard to imagine...
I agree, it's very difficult to manage time in this case.
woo woo !!!!!! guys you all make it sound so easy, thanks for 5min and 7mins time..... but do you think you can finish it with a lay man with in that much time..........??? I dont think so, when you are practicing it with your friends its easy as both of you know what is going on, but I dont think SP will do it as soon as you tell them they will take their time.....more over its not that you have to HURRY and finish it. SP is not going to like it he will say you are RUSHING me . Dont you think so.
dont forget the heart and carotid examinaton
and the counseling: probabiliy of falls, offer residing in a senior complex if the patient is living on her own
VU!
The SPs are trained so I dont think they will feel being rushed. If u do it quickly they might consider u very efficient.They might eagerlyand quickly oblige and do what ever u ask them to do. They might be more eager to get rid of us than vice versa. I dont think we should overdo any examination as they must be really sick of all these examinations and give us quick positive findings. Atleast Lets hope so.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »