Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
q16 - raji_321
Surgical exploration of the ankle and foot demonstrates a muscle arising from the medial and lateral processes of the tuberosity of the calcaneus and inserting into the lateral side of the base of the proximal phalanx of the 5th toe. How does this muscle act on the 5th toe?
A. Abduction
B. Adduction
C. Extension
D. Flexion of the middle phalanx on the proximal phalanx
E. Flexion of the proximal phalanx on the metatarsal
missed q15 raji?? Tongue

no idea abt this one..ur anat`s killing me Sad
bergkamp, may be board wont ask such minute details, iam posting these questions because, we have nothing to lose by learning some extra points... but i will be happy, if u get one of these question in ur exam, and u mark it right.. Smile

i already posted q15...
A/E..hmmmmmmmm E?
The correct answer is A. The muscle is the abductor digiti minimi, the function of which is to abduct (separate) the toe away from the 4th toe. The abductor digiti minimi is supplied by the lateral plantar nerve. This muscle also helps act as a "spring" on the sole of the foot during walking.

Adduction (opposition of the toes, choice B) is supplied by the plantar interossei.

Extension (choice C) is supplied by the extensor digitorum longus.

The flexor digitorum brevis flexes both the middle phalanx on the proximal phalanx (choice D) and the proximal phalanx on the metatarsal (choice E).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »