Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time limit for CS - whatzup
hey guys, i am IMG who is preparing for step 1 and planning to take it on feb 4th week,
my query to u all is till when should i take my CS,
i know it would be best if i take it before 5th july but if i cant take it by then will i have the chance to get calls, will it matter for my matching if i take after july 5th, thank u guys
hi. i havent taken the CS yet, but im gonna answer in relation to an experience of a person close to me.

he took the cs in late july and the results where reported at the end of september... the thing with this is that since the applications are viewed starting from september 1st, the application was ¨completed¨till the CS result was available... and its only till then that the programs evaluated the application... so it was a dissadvantage. But... he was applying to a high competitive field, surgery.

i know an exact case that did the exact same thing... BUT applied to IM and got prematch and everything...

so i guess it does matter but it also depends on what field you will be applying to.

:O)

hope it helps.
thnks joannitm ,
well i plan to apply for internal medicine
that´s good... have everything in order so hopefully it wont be a problem.

i would say lot of things matter.if you have great scores of step-1 and c.k and you still are waiting for c.s results ,its no big deal.secondly if have no visa issues also no big deal if you c.s results are delayed.

on time c.s results may matter for those who need h-1 coz,then only you get ecfmg certified and you are eligible to apply for step-3 exam.
also as mentioned above the more competitive feild you wanna get in the better it is to have all results on time.
thanks linez
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »