Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If u r a Doctor!!Please read this!!! - mlelover
Hello fellow Doctors!!!

I am writing this post to know what everybody thinks about my experince with a practising Physician.

Few days ago I went to a family practice Physician for my annual physical exam.I introduced myself as a FMG and told her that I am preparing for USMLE.She is a FMG too.She talk to me about her experience about exam and how stressful it was and bla bla bla.I paid my copayment of $15 for office visit that my insurance requires to pay and I didn't mind paying that.She did general blood work like CMP,CBC with differential,Lipid Panel,TSH and HB A1c.

I received a letter in the mail after 5 days stating that please make a follow up appointment to discuss your blood result with doctor because my triglyceride is 248 mg/dl,everything else is normal.

I made an appointment for today morning and went in the office.Now she(physician) told me to pay $15 copay again to discuss the blood result.I asked her why I have to pay $15 copay again ? She answered me that when a patient(me) sees a doctor's face in the office he or she have to pay a copayment. I was surprised the way she told me.I refused to pay copay and left the office with a copy of my blood result.I think everybody knows here what to do with 248 mg/dl Triglyceride level.

I want to know how everybody thinks about her(FMG) behavior to a fellow FMG who came to see her as a patient.

Thanks!!!
that's not her fault, a patient really has to settle copay for each office consult. don't blame her, blame the system.
She is your Doctor, you abide by her rules. If you don't like her procedures, change Doctors. Her real intrerest may not be the co-pay, but insurance payment.
If she didn't ask you to come you could have sued her. So it's not her fault at all. Just wait a couple of years and then hopefully you will be the one getting paid. Smile
I don't know the rules, but my PCP did not charge me the co-pay on my follow-up visit to discuss test results.....I wouldn't have been happy paying again if I was asked to....
she shouldnt have asked u for a payed visit.. thats what i think.. most nice doctors in US dont do that
it is your insurance. You should consult with your insurance company. Physicians do not make the rules.
she is right anytime you see a doc you have to pay copay that is required by law,,, because i it is insurance money,,, ya i saw sometime they do courtesy adjustment, they don't take money,,, but by law they should not do this,,,
Officially you had to pay the co-payment as it was considered as another visit, however she also could have waved it for you as you are a doctor, here she acted cheap as she didn't wave $15 for a collegaue!!!
but you acted much cheaper by arguing for $15 with another doctor and refusing to pay it!!!
Lucifer
You are exactly correct.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »