Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with USMLE - manvee
Guys scores are available ....got 94/227 ....just because of God ...

I am so happy ...best of luck guys ...wish u all the best
tips????
Congrats!!
For how long did you study? hours a day?
manvee congrats. What a great scor.
Pl post your exam experi. your study material and your step 1 and 2 scores
thanks
manvee, how did you get the result? by mail or email or where should we go to check?
congratulations!!

details of prep???
Hello, Manvee, I got the webside you shared on the other topic, checked, I passed!! Thank you so much!!!
congratulationsssssss
sorry for the tardive response guys....

spent the night calling up family n friends back home
n have been emailing the programs since this morning abt the score...

I still cant believe my score...specially because I was praying each day for a passing score...I was so unsure about this exam..I had screwed up my CCS.

Mony...my s1n s2 scores are 95,99

I gave my s2 in Aug...n was initially planning to give s3 asap....but with the match process the iv and mainly because I was so burnt up ..I kept delaying till it was ado/die situation for me since I am looking for an H1 visa

I had subscribed to UW s3 in aug itself...n my prep was really patchy...i would do do 100 qns 1 day...n then nothing for many days...since I was getting my application ready...
So over a month of extremely patchy schedule I managed to finish UW qns once...
Then when the ivs started , my prep caesed because of the traveling.I would always travel with my UW ccs but never got around to do them seriously...I was never lack of time . I have read so many experiences on this forum where people were travelling n studying at the same time.

For me the only reason that kept me from studying was that unfortunately I had come to the end of the road...I did not want to study anymore for this exam

I gave an iv on 3 Jan ...and I had another on 30 Jan. And I decided to take the exam on 28th/29th Jan. I knew that I was at a point where I could take 4 more months but i ll end up studying for 10 days out of that...so I decided to go ahead n leave the rest in His hands...

I did my CK notes(because they were still relatively fresh in my memory) , i quick reading of floridaguys CK notes n did UW 50 cases...
I did Cardio from Premier notes..n I loved them but unfortunately I didnt have the time to finish everything from Premier Notes.

The last 5 days...I tried to revise UW s3 Qns as much as I could squeeze in..

So that is all that I was able to prepare.

Day1: The MCqs were long n I had the feeling that there was no way I could prepare for them from any given material....They had no resemblance to UW. I had a lot of IM, paeds and behavioral qns.All I think I did was just make my best judgement at that move to the next one..it was like read,mark....read n mark...no time to sit n think about any...

Day2: The MCQs were shorter but I felt they were more difficult specially the emergency.
Then came the CCS..The biggest mistake that I made was I did not practice the CCS software..so i used up a lot of time on the software....only 3 of my cases finished early..rest all continued till late...

When I came back n read the forum for past experiences. Many people had had similar exp with Mcqs but they said that CCS saved them.

From where I stood...I did not know how I performed on the MCQs n I knew that I had screwed up the only thing-CCS that cud have saved me.

and today I have no words to thank almighty..

According to my score report the Mcqs saved me...n my CCS which was my worst prformance but still borderline.(surprisingly)

As you can see , My experience can well be read as what NOT to DO for s3 prep.

The only advise that I can give anyone is:

1) Give s3 soon after s2
2) please save urself from being burnt up at the end of this long journey thru step1 to s3.
Give exam only when you are ready..otherwise the 3weeks between the exam n the result is a living hell..u dont want to live that, believe me.
If you think you are burning out...try to find a study partner who is committed n can lift up your spirits.
3) do UWs 3qns, Kaplan Ck notes, If u get time n have access to premier notes...it would be a good idea
4) I did Floridaguy 's notes n that was a tremendous help...He has done an amazing job n has been so generous in sharing his hardwork of over 3 months with all of us. Thanks a ton ,Floridaguy!

5) if I were to prepare for this exam from scratch ...i would do in addition to Kaplan CK notes, fguys notes, UW3 , Kap q bank, qbook,definitely premier notes n as many qns as possible.

6) Please take CCS seriously n practice the CCS...But if you do screw up your ccs ,dont panick.
You cannot do it more than I did...n I still had borderline performance...so i guess even if you dont finish the cases...but you have ordered the right things...u will manage like I did to score at least borderline in CCS

7) please don't take this exam lightly n dont try to finish this exam just for the heck of it..This is the toughest exam n remember the one thing that is going to help more than any study matrial ..is your best judgement formed as a result of this long journey...n more than anything your prayers...they definitely worked for me..

Guys , I have tried to share my exp...More than anything else, I thought I could help you by sharing my mistakes.

Have never been a regular at his forum but this forum has helped me whenever I needed it for advise.This is an amazing forum with amazing people willing to help n share.
Thanks to all of you.

Special thanks to Floridaguy... I really believe that your notes helped me a lot with the mcqs.
Thanks a ton friend n Best of luck .

Thanks for sharing that! Congratulations!

Cheers for floridaguy too! I am also reviewing his notes! very accurate!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »