Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qs GIT - gmail
Hi anyone wanna discuss, I am back to books after about of flu...
HI GMAIL!!!
Hi dreeem how de??? long time no c
yes busy with UW review as I postponed my test

how about you??
heyy whats the answr of this one

http://usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=273654-1.php
ahh ok, Like I said just got up after the flu, 1 week down the drain but will try to take the exam april 2nd week.

and guess what, this is the first question I looked up again Q7

The correct answer is B. The man could have acute appendicitis, but his clinical presentation is not typical. The study of choice under those circumstances is CT scan of the abdomen.

Clinical observation (choice A) used to be the correct answer for patients suspected of having appendicitis, but not having a clinical picture clear enough to justify appendectomy. This approach now has been superseded by the use of CT scanning.

Exploratory laparotomy (choice C) would be in order for a clear cut acute abdomen but he does not have such a picture.

There is nothing to suggest a problem in the genitourinary tract; thus, an intravenous pyelogram (choice D) is not in order.

Sonogram (choice E) was a contender in the early years when imaging studies were applied to the diagnosis of acute appendicitis. It was in fact cheaper than a CT scan and quite good in competent hands. But obese patients are not good candidates and the preponderance of the current advice is to use the more reliable CT scan.

hey thanks..

glad to hear you r back to crack it!!

I am done with my break now.. have to go back to UW Sad((

cya la8r

GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »