Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exam experience -
Diego

First of all I would like to thank all the good wishes. Thanks guys. Well, here is my experience. The exam is long, long, long. It took me 8:45to finish. I did 3 blocks first, took a 10 minute break, did another 3 blocks then lunch (22 minutes), and then the last 2 blocks.

The questions are 80% based on a clinical scenario. Some are very straight forward, but some need a little more time to figure out. Internal medicine is big, no doubt, but the other areas are heavily tested, so don?t leave anything out on your prep. I got 4-5 dermatology images, 2-3 Rx, 2 ECG. The quality of the images was very good, compared to step 1. The images were big, clear, and easy to interpret. Some of the Qs were long, but in a block, I would say that I had to use the scroll down arrows just a couple of times. So long Qs are not that common.

Time is a factor. On step 1 at the end of a block I always had time, aprox 5 min. At the end of a block on step 2 I had 5 seconds. So mind the clock always, remember that when you have done a bunch of Qs, lets say 200, your brain might be tired? So I would recommend to do practice Qs with a clock to se how are you doing.

Yes, I too did not believe it when I heard it: there are Step 1 Qs on step 2. A horrible experience. I got a Q on embryology (horrible), and a Q on enzyme kinetics (even more horrible). But what can you do?? Just answer, and move on.. There are Step 1 oriented Qs but still pertinent to Step 2.

There was not any Q that had material out of this world (like step1). Kaplan, Crush, FA, Blue prints, contain what you need to know to pass this exam (I hope). Q book, is a good source but I would say that the Q book was easy compared to the real thing. Some of the Qs are designed so that you can use your common sense, like docespy said on mastitis Q I had. So the exam tests you on how do you manage the information stored in your brain, and believe me, they great at it. Thanks again for your support and I hope that this info will help you. Best of luck, gracias por todo!!!
jian

thank you and good luck
docespy - docespy

Awesome, I'm pretty sure you passed, 'cause to be able to explain your experience so well you have to be in tune with the test.
ENJOY YOU DESERVE IT!
A COMER SE HA DICHO!
DISFRUTA LA NAVIDAD Y DALE GRACIAS A DIOS POR TODO
LO QUE TE HA DADO.
FELIZ NAVIDAD Y PROSPERO AGNO NUEVO!
DM

Thanks for sharing your experience Diego. Wishing you a fantastic score!
ren

thank you!! and GL Diego
Mimi

Wish you get a great score! Diego
hehadoc

great for you, diego! i´m waiting for you in a couple of weeks to say you passed.
a question for you: do you think(appart from internal medicine q´s) all the subjects are tested equally or are there some of them which are more heavily tested(ob/gyn, peds)?
bee m

good luck & very nice details !!!!!!!!
lu

Thank you for sharing your experience!
GL - you'll have a great score!
ferhaan

thanx 4 sharing uur experince...wish u al the best
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »