Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OLD IMGs Thread - oldimg2
Calling for all the sincere old imgs in this forum. Sharing your match success story here. Or any input or advice. If any member of this forum can help us oldimgs, please do so.

This is the continuation of this thread:

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=219839

I did not match so far, going for scramble in the next two days.

Hereā„¢s a snapshot of my credentials:

Medical School: Hunan Medical University, Changsha
Graduation Date: July 1994
Current Visa: Permanent Resident
USMLE Step 1: 84, Second Attempt
USMLE Step 2 CK: 86, First Attempt
USMLE Step 2 CS: Passed, First Attempt
USMLE Step 3 CCS: 79, First Attempt
ECFMG Certification: January 2006
US Clinical Experience: 12+ Months
hi, oldimg2. sorry to hear that, me, 95/92/84, 1995 grad, matched in Pathology
I am a 1992 grad. 88/99/pass all first attempt. I applied for pathology but did not match. sorry for you and my self. congrats to numbers.
hi, gracy, sorry to hear that, you have great credentials, how many ivs did you get? did you apply early? visa status? observership?, US recommendation letters? step3? all these help.I wish you guys best luck in scramble
You have impressive scores, 3649736. In your opinion, is Pathology getting more competitive? Any chance for scramble for this specialty?
1998 GRAD 90/87/77 CS TWICE, OBSERVERSHIP1 MONTH,1 USLOR. MATCHED TO FM.
oldimg2, yeah, pathology is becoming more competitive than before, very few quota, but definitely you shoud try it in scramble if you like it. GL

CONGRAS, NAWAO
I got 2 ivs and i applied late october. My disadvantage is the gap between my grad year and taking the exams. hope the best for everybody
did not match, 1995 grad, 4iv, 85/94/cs passed, all 1st attempt, GC, applied FM?IM
MATCHED - I may be the oldest grad here 1988 grad 76/82/pass/85 7 IVs and 1st match year. So dont give up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »