Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OLD IMGs Thread - oldimg2
thanks arlete,

I am also an old graduate.
Did you apply for the match. you got such a good score. you got GC. I am sure you will get.
Hi, nits. Of course it's all in God's hands... This is the first match I'll apply to, hopefully the last. Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Smile
Well put me in the group. I'm 36 from Cuba.. Step 1 96 step 2 99.. Cs end of the month.. I will apply in September before I am certified. I hope to get matched to a good program. What do you think??
If you want to join the group, please leave your email ID or email me at oldimg2. No commercial activities are allowed.

Here is our group policy:

1.No spams or scams.
2.No commercials or ads.
3.Humor and jokes are welcome, but no profanity.
4.No time commitment-all depends on your personal schedule.
5.Joining any discussion is totally voluntary-drop a line whenever you feel to, and quit whenever you want.
6.Give other members some time for your questions-it may take several days.
7.Try your best not to expose your personal information-if you want to, write private email.
8.Sharing files and photos is allowed, but please pay attention to copyright issues.
9.Respect one another-remember, we are all doctors.
10.Anybody breaks these rules, his/her membership will be terminated.

oldimg2
this is a good thread.
am an oldie too.
graduated 1991
passed step 1-88 ist attempt
waiting for CS result next week
will take 2Ck next week
will apply residency this year for 2009

am acting like i will pass all those to gather positive spirit and vibration

and asc, you are an inspiration

i believe God has a place for each one of us...somewhere.

keep trying..
hello and salam
I'm an old graduate(1997) I have the following credentials
step 1 =82
step2 =94 both first attempt
step 2 cs =passed
ECFMG certificate July 2008
4 years pediatrics residency program in the middle east .
here I'm trying to get some LOR from an American doctor till now i got only one week observship in neurology .I have another LOR from my consultant back home.
I got ERAS token but I'm thinking in postponing the application to next year i need to work on my cv and make it more spectacular.So any suggestion?
what is scramble guys??how can we find programs outside of the match?I am IMG,old grad didnt finish with all the steps and have little chances for the 2009 match....any advice??
To arlete
Re: Your post of - 08/02/08 19:29 stating that " This is the first match I'll apply to, hopefully the last. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Smile "

Why do you find it necessary to lie?
You participated in the previous match (maybe I should say that, you said you participated).
You were a frequent contributor on this site.
You posted many times about the interviews you had received and your post interview assessment of programs.
Why do you lie??

SEE BELOW CLIP AND PASTE OF SOME OF ARLETE'S PREVIOUS POSTS.
PEOPLE DO YOUR OWN SEARCH, YOU'LL FIND HUNDREDS MORE OF HER POSTS FOR THE TIME PERIOD OF THE LAST MATCH.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=239681
* ReBig Grinoes it ever happen to an old grad?
arlete - 11/05/07 17:27

Yeap, me too. The PC made a mistake, somebody should know about it, that was very rude and unprofessional.

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=241932
* Re:Uni of IL , Peoria IM
arlete - 11/12/07 12:49

awiseman:
I have no idea if they ask Medical Q or not, but what I heard is that reading First Aid for CS, lightly, is enough to prepare for an iv. Remember, you passed the USMLE steps, you know a lot about Medicine. Good luck!

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=269713-1
* Re:is there hope if you are 40
arlete - 02/13/08 09:25

highspeed: immature is to judge somebody based on 15 of her words. Or to think 9 years of graduation won't matter. That's unrealistic.
I am 37. I graduated at 22. I think I will be a much better resident now than I was then, specially after studying like crazy to pass the USMLE steps. But the disadvantage exists, not regarding age (although you guys sound like you have "young people" all figured out!), but graduation date.
But like I said, it's worth a shot, no matter what, sakal. You are a doctor, you own it to yourself. Good luck! Let me know if I can help.

hi oldimg2,

i am from india 1994 grad

step 1 88(may 2003)
step 2 98(dec 2003)
csa passed (feb 2004)
all first attempt
ecfmg certificate may2004

this will be my 5th match, had 1 interview firstmatch,5 interviews 2nd match,1 interview 3rd match and no interviews last match!!!!(did not match for any!!!!).no usce,always been in clinical practice what r my chances.due to personal reasons i am not able to devote time to either observership or research positions and for the same reason havent taken step 3.any advice will be appreciated.
Hey, man_from_zenon...
Chill out... Smile
If you read them carefully, you'll notice none of my posts state that I was participating in the match, went for interviews, or anything like that.
I agree with you. No reason to lie. Why would I want to impress a bunch of strangers? I am as anonymous here as any of you. And I don't lie even if I have something to gain from it.
But if the truth is really important to you, man_from_zenon, I've been studying and being involved in this process since 2006 (I passed step 1 in Dec/06). This will be my first and last match because that's what I want. You don't know me and that fits you. Many other people feel completely different about my contributions in USMLE forums, and I am glad for those hundreds of them.
Good luck with the match, peace!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »