Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
matched, for future fallowship chances:visa J1/H1b - drlalitbansal
hi frens. i matched. now the big question in front of me is which visa i should ask from program. i wanna do fellowship. which visa has better chances of getting into fellowship. J1 or H1b.
please let me know.

thanks in advance.
dude always H1B VISA

well i have heard..most program do not favour H1b visa during fellowship.. so better to take j1. is it so..

i want to return after fellowship...so just wanna know which one gives better oppertunity to be in fellowship earlier.
In my opinion, H1b is better. If you are on H1b and dont care about 2-yr rule, you can transfer to J1 for fellowship later on. And if ever you change your mind and want to stay in the US, you are fine with H1b.

can you change your visa status later from h1b to J1. i have a doubt about this. can you please verify this.
You can change from H1 to J1 .. but not from J1 to H1 unless you get a waiver.

Ask for H1B from the program. But programs will be reluctant. So use your persuassive skills. Threaten them that you may not join if you are not provided H1. To sweeten the deal tell them that you bear all the H1 costs!!
thx...can u please guide me how can we change from h1 to j1. there must be some claws.
PLZ HELP...................
i think there is no h1 to j1
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »