Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Step 3 Helped in Matching to last yr unmatched - cjay
i m wondering if someone who didn't get matched last year and took step 3 and got match this yr? Plz share your experience........
Thanks
It will help for sure. Though I think USCE will help more along with pass S3.
have u been talking to hawaiian girl???? Smile Smile
Yes, step3 helped me, a good score on step3 is very crucial too.
hawaiian girl is in Baghdad now for her honeymoon !
In my case it did.
In fact the PD told me I am now an elite applicant having passed Step 3.
I have a year of USCE last year too but didn't get matched.
So Step 3 helps a lot.
To med 91:
Can you pls share your step 3 score?
YES ITS FOR SHORE. DO GO FOR UR STEP 3 SO THAT U HAVE A PASS RESULT WHEN U APPLY AT SEPT 1.
cjay are you unmatched?
I used this unique program that guaranteed my success using a 100% cash refund for those that fail…

That is how my good step 3 score worked as an app upgrade used to land me an IM residency!

Professional Online USMLE Preparation Program

Online Programs Throughout the USA∙

Phone 641.715.3900 ext 833768
$15,750 tuition fee per USMLE Step ($4000 discount applies to all registrants until 3/31/2013)
-Escrow contracted- 100% guarantee, predicates a full tuition fee cash refund for any failed student

USMLE Clinical and Ambulatory Steps’ Programs’ Sample Timetable Overview (Assumes an Intensive 75hr/wk Study Schedule)

“Perfect Case”Administrative System Didactic
A study system employing cutting-edge, multiple-media case presentation templates, and 25 personalized, telephonic and “cloud-computing”/Podcasts-’ driven Ivy League-MD instructor interactions/wk, , 1/1/2013 to 1/8/2013

Full-Length Clinical Cases
5 clinical cases, followed by a 250-multiple choice question assessment, 1/8/2013 to 1/15/2013

Basic Science Foundation
25 mini-cases, 1/15/2013 to 1/8/2013

Clinical Science Clinical Correlational-Applications-
25 mini-cases, 1/22/2013 to 1/29/2013

Basic Science- Big 3
The most productive clinically relevant basic sciences followed by a 150- multiple choice question USMLE Step 1 assessment, 2/1/2013 to 2/15/2013

Clinical Science-Big 4
The most productive core clinical science disciplines followed by a 150- multiple choice question USMLE assessment, 2/15/2013 to 2/28/2013

Clinical Science-Final 2 and Consolidation
The remaining clinical science disciplines followed by a consolidative 150- multiple choice question USMLE assessment, 3/1/2013 to 3/15/2013

Academic Curricular Goals

“Perfect Case”Administrative System Didactic
Develop proficiency in cutting edge multiple-media case presentation templates.

Full-Length Cases
Become oriented with the “case-based approach” to learning Medicine. Employ “active study” methods through the application of a 14-item clinical correlation based case presentation template. The latter format is based upon innovative PROBLEM-BASED LEARNING (PBL) methodologies, in which the reinforcement and learning of concepts occurs, by “fully working upwards,”from the medical case-symptom’s basic science foundations through to the clinically correlated presentations of that medical case, thereby focusing on concepts essential to understanding the case, and not passively “rote memorizing...”

Basic Science Foundation
Become proficient with the case-based approach, employing a singular focus on classifications and clinical correlations.

Clinical Science Clinical Correlational-Applications-
Become proficient with the case-based approach, employing a focus on the application of clinical correlations to actual patient work-ups, along with diagnostic and management algorithms.

Basic Science- Big 3
Apply the basic science foundational knowledge set towards high-quality diagrammatic memory aids that are immediately applied to actual USMLE-type multiple choice question-sets.

Clinical Science-Big 4
Apply the clinical science clinical correlational-applications’-foundational knowledge set towards high-quality diagrammatic memory aids that are as well immediately applied to actual USMLE-type multiple choice question-sets.

Clinical Science-Final 2 and Consolidation
Complete the course preparation with additional diagrammatic memory aids’ development, exam question projection techniques, and real-time USMLE-type exam mastery through programmatic experience.

[THE AMBULATORY PROGRAM FOR USMLE STEP 3 WILL REQUIRE ADDITIONAL TRAINING IN CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, FAMILY MEDICINE, GENERAL CASE’S MANAGEMENT ALONG WITH A 100-CCS CASE INTENSIVE INTERACTIVE CURRICULUM]

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »