Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Action Lawsuit - docrunaway
Whatever happened to the part that says "regardless of NATIONALITY, race, ethnicity, religious beliefs"?
Anyone who feels that they have been discriminated against by graduate medical education programs, favoring foreign national physicians over American citizens and green card holders, should file a complaint (with the specifics, as you know them) with:
Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20530
Please remember to include the program names, the specifics of your case, and any additional ancillary materials that may be of use. I have already done so. Thank you. Best regards, DocRunaway 6-20-08
Yeah...and also don't forget....
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=292844
Well, Hello there, Docrunaway! Long time no hear! Wow,I arrived (with my wife) in the States exactly one week ago all eager and super enthusiastic. Haven't been on the forum for the while. Guess what, got a great apartment! It's a 2 bedroom townhouse, fully equipped (including washer and dryer) walking distance from the Hospital and in a very safe part of town. Couldn't have asked for better. God is smiling on us. So ,I guess it's still ALUTA CONTINUA for you. First of all, congratulations for initiating the longest running and most posted .....post on usmleforum for the 2007/2008 Match Season, and I wish you all the best in your endeavours. Best of luck in the 2008/2009 Match. With the dwindling American economy,.....who knows; the img may change their minds and decide not to go for it after all;Hence you may actually have a chance.................
Xavier and fellas have you guys thought of becoming an attorney? you have the potential guys. changing prevalent laws would take another 4-5 years minimum by that time your rivals would have finished residency. you can still earn by fighting this ice breaking case.
grow up and care for your own good first by improving your credntials. its highly unlikely that someone would be partial to an IMG lol. I couldn't stop laughing at this..

pass exams and learn to compete. few losers like you fall for such crap and find excuse for not matching. good luck with everything- even becoming an attorneyTongue
1 month has passed & no posting. I think, this thread is gone. -- just like docrunaway
Well guys and gals I contacted a class action Attorney's firm today..and explained it to them..they said they gonna look in to this matter...lets see what they say...
Keep up the good work, Okieowl! There are still many of us working behind the scenes. Class action lawsuits will appear soon. Chill out, DoctorKool, or whatever your pseudonym is. If you have nothing positive to say, then keep your sarcasm to yourself. Thank you.
another example of failure instead of working on improving IV skills or CVs
Hello every one i am reading these messages on these forum about all these legal stuff guys listen to me do not waste your time and try to do research,volunteer jobs to improve your CV.

I am a US citizen and did my school from Ross and times are getting tough but do not make this issue public as programs already know we got our medical degrees by paying and there are so many medical schools which are opening up every day.Let me tell you there is a big investigation going on in this regard and PDs know about that so if we will start an agitation it will close all these schools and may be we will not be able to do anything.

Regarding law it is clearly written that you need a qualified candidate for the job and if they can prove your scores are low you are not qualified. SO DO NOT CAUSE ANY HARM JUST TRY TO USE YOUR CONTACTS HARD WORK AND GET INTO RESIDENCY AS MOST LIKELY OBAMA GOVT WILL INCREASE MEDICAL SCHOOL SPOTS IN US AND CLOSE ALL THESE SHOPS IN CARIBEAN.

HERE THIS IS FROM DEPT OF LABOR

VERVIEW

The U.S. Department of Labor's (DOL) responsibilities regarding foreign workers includes certification of positions for temporary and permanent employment of aliens and hiring and wage issues. See also Wages and Hours Worked / Wages under Foreign Labor Certification.

Foreign labor certification programs permit U.S. employers to hire foreign workers on a temporary or permanent basis to fill jobs essential to the U.S. economy. These programs are generally designed to ensure that the admission of foreign workers into the United States on a permanent or temporary basis will not adversely affect the job opportunities, wages, and working conditions of U.S. workers.

While there are several federal agencies involved with granting permission for foreign workers to work in the United States, employers generally must first obtain certification through DOL. Certification may be granted in cases where it can be demonstrated that there are insufficient qualified U.S. workers available and willing to perform the work at wages that meet or exceed the prevailing wage paid for that occupation in the area of intended employment.

Once the application is certified/approved by DOL, the employer generally must petition the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly the Immigration and Naturalization Service) for a visa on behalf of the foreign worker. Approval by DOL does not guarantee a visa issuance. The foreign worker applicant(s) must also establish that they are admissible to the United States under provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

The DOL Employment and Training Administration (ETA) provides labor certifications to employers. The Wage and Hour Division of the Employment Standards Administration (ESA) at the Department is responsible for investigating and determining an employer's misrepresentation in or failure to comply with the H-1B, H-1B1, and H-2A program requirements and with employment laws, principally the Fair Labor Standards Act.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »