Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Action Lawsuit - docrunaway
As I stated in my past posts, there is an undercurrent of malcontent on the part of those of us who used to call this great nation our home. The AAMC, ERAS, NRMP, and the current Match Season were the "icing on the cake" for me, and it appears to many of you also (from what I have read in these posts). I have never wanted to become a social activist, and yet now I feel that I am thrust into this role. No philosophy here, just fact. I am going to do something about the way I, personally, was treated this Match Season. If you, too, feel as strongly as I do, then hop aboard. No more pep talks! Let's get down to business! God knows we're intelligent enough to resolve this issue. It is a simple question of numbers. The U.S. currently needs 16,000 physicians. I AM a physician. You ARE physicians. Am I to flip hamburgers, pump gasoline, or sell shoes while the prevalence of diabetes, morbid obesity, hypertension and any number of other chronic maladies continues to rise? Life is no more sacred in the U.S. than in the countries where we received our medical degrees. So, if your home country granted you a medical degree and you passed the USMLE, then you are certainly qualified to practice medicine in the U.S. If you feel as I do, then join the movement. If you do not, then keep your negative comment to yourselves, as I will not dignify your negativity with a response. I can be reached via e-mail at docrunaway. The logistics of a class action lawsuit need to be worked out, and we need to put our heads together. For those of you who feel "sick to your stomachs" over the Match and worthless right now, I can assure you that not a day goes by without my thinking about our communal plight. The only difference between me and you is that I am not going to take this sitting down. Martin Luther King, Cesar Chavez, and the women's movement didn't either. Thank you.
i agree . i am not a US citizen or GC holder.it is unfair,US citizen and GC holder r doing odd job though they r qualified .
US govt. makes hundreds of thousands dollars from IMG seeking positions. after making such investment, should they not be giving consideration. it's a give and take matter! Face it, majority of residency programs still give priority to GC and Citizens. Call any program now with unfilled spot and the first thing they ask "are you a citizen or GC?".
What do mean by 'Qualified'? Wake up!! This is called globalization. Either u compete or you cannot. It's as simple as that.

Oh well, for all the cry babies here, go to your corner and have a good cry and come back.

And for crying out loud for God's sake, Do you even know how many colleges these days are saying "Sorry. No Sponsorship available." ?

and some people are so full of hot air. We will not lie down, we will sue them blah blah blah blah and more BLAH

WTF is going on here? What is this class action crap? Yo brotha! take a chill pill and cut the BS. And for God's sake stop this nonsense and go read a book. But..but.. then again the question.......... just what if theres no God?
Matching SUCKS. The whole thing SUCKS because of the GREEDY people behind the whole process. SICKO reflects the reality of the system and you will see and experience more of this horrible experiences when you start the residency even by those who try to deny these realities or probably ignorant at this time.
i just hope all the best to all of you..
just talk? less talk more action, do something, sign
We are a good number lets do it guys
Ha Ha Ha
pity on u guys
u live in US, got a GC...still cant be good enuf to fight for your own medical training

u know the problem is not US or Uk, the problem is it's sick and lazy population
Brits and Americans want the best of everythng...but how pity cant even look after there own when they are ill
every yr...yr after yr....YOU are dependant on FMG...why?
u put VISA barriers, exam barriers, priority barriers still cant stop them coming thru

the fact is the people in this particular post ...are a bunch of wasters who cant get a residency becoz they dont deserve it ...despite them having all the priority...u must be a total loosers.
you cant even succed in your system and there are people who appreciate how good US training system is and work hard for it...some for yrs...investing in your contry by staying thr, aplyng thru your uni's....doing MPH and all others degrees....
yes they are after money and good life style...everyone is !
but the diference is they work hard for it and deserve it...so get it.

someone commented on UK lawsuit...
do you know 48% of UK doctors are FMG, people here are so lazy they cant study ...cannot become doctors
they have changed rules time and again for the last 50 yrs...still FMG's come and get wht they want..they serve your community where you guys dont bother going...they work hard and progress. they improve things even thoug they cant get wht they want....they dont mourn unlike you....

tell u wht rather than gathering people to file lawsuite why dont you motivate people to become doctors in your countries....so tht FMG's are not wanted...become self dependant.

guess wht I am from India....proud to be.
try beet an indian in a Indian Pre PG exam...you can't even dream

India doesnt need doctors from US or Uk or anywhr...we are self capable of looking after our own and the rest of the world's sick people...so are many other countries...except US and UK...who have always got ahead by exploiting people not by working hard...times are changing mate....people in other contries are working hard and remember hard work pays!!

medicine is a profession tht requires dedication, hard work and lots of commitment....start getting use to it or you will be a looser next yr as well
three cheers to the strong spirit of the FMG's without whom the health sector of these so called developed world would collapse like a sand castle...!
The Indian Medical System is the biggest POS system around.. you can't even begin to say it compares to the US system. I am indian and I am admitting this.. now come on!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »