Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Action Lawsuit - docrunaway
its amazing at the effort some people are putting into this rather than putting that energy into their own resumes...

take some responsibility people!
blah, blah, blah
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=256500
Dear Doc runaway
I completely support you eventhough i am an expatriot/ img needing visa. gc and citizens should have preference over foreign nationals. that is the rule everywhere
I am agree to runaway.There is nothing wrong to fight for getting residencies first for GC and citizen .b,cos here in USA in other jobs there is first preference for GC/citizen no matter how good u are as an img.So why not in medical field?As AMG,s gets first priority from anyone else,I thing second priority should be for GC/citizens.Reason is bcos thats their country now and they should be employed first.

As far as high scores and other crieteria,same thing is there for other fields too ,but thats being ignored.As they are liable to take ther residents first.
the lawsuit is alredy in immigration services and homeland securiry now
Alloy, it is not a rule everywhere: in my country to enter residency you must pass a national examination. It doesn´t matter where you come from, if you are a foreigner and you get better scores than a national examinee, you enter before the program. I think it is fair. It makes our health system better, as doctors who study more are the ones who get a residency position. If you fail one year, you try the next (it doesn´t matter how many attempts you have to make, the important thing is your last score in the exam). No one complains about it, they just know they must study more. We are happy with our immigrants that are hard workers, they make our country better.
Anyway, I can understand it is frustrating to see how people that are not from you country take away from you your residency position... so I can understand the lawsuit (although I don´t think it will change much things, hospitals will keep on doing whatever they like).
Good luck in next year´s match.
Hospitals cannot do whatever they want,neither they do ,if its against the law.If their is such a law everyone follows it.thats the american way.
the reason some of gc are feeling the heat is because people are taken in residencies are taken on basis of religion/colour/caste and nationality,some attending from some countries only prefer people from own countries........amg program are majority and they take only american, second is jewish......they only take jewsih........then chines/india/paki/filipi......program .....infact one program i saw there were majority telgu and gujrati form india ,,,,because the main surgical program director was indian gujrati and he used to earn million of dollars for hospital, so hospital has to listen to him........no one care for green card.....it only contact and luck...... usa is a country of laws with no laws for residency program .....so marry a pd son or daughter for ur life to be easy.....lol,,,acgme .ama are only on papers....
I know they are not supposed to do whatever they want, but they do, in America and everywhere else. I´m not saying it is right, I´m only saying this is how it is. Just wait to see what happens with the lawsuit... I´m pretty sure I´m right
I am not saying whether they will win.May be they will or may be they will loose.But at least they are trying the possibilite.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »