Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who is going to NYMC brooklyn- queens... caritas - usmlear
any body...... FOR IM
Hi usmlear, do you know how that program is? Im planning to do my fifth pathway there but I don't know anything about it, just the rumors that are posted in other threads. I would appreciate any feedback on the program.
Thanks Wink
Just do no follow like goats.. especially indians that way.. following others it does not matter where it leads to but just becoz they are doing blindely.

why fifth path way man ? spending 39K for that course for 1 year USCE. get some serious real experience man.. there are several ways...
fifth path way students used to follow ohers... but just watching what ohers are doing.. i am no sure how it counts as USCE..

just think about it .. i am not discouraging...
Well Tomo I already had USCE, I did my last year of med school in an US hospital. In my case doing fifth path is not following others, it is just a way to avoid going again to another country and doing two more years of medical school. I do have other options but I would finish working in my country and not doing a residency, and those are not my goals right now.
ok. I got you.. u are different then. thanks for clarifying..

for fifth path way, NYMC - caritas is not that bad.. you will find tons of them doing.. for residency...this program is very weak in terms of finanaces and state is threatning them withdraw/support of funds but for you i think it is ok
Thanks for your input Wink
I was reading about the economical problems, but the papers were from 2006. I also read about their accreditation and they will be evaluated again this year in june, and I think if they get 3 more years the residents will not have any problems there (don't know for sure, those are just my thoughts).
But in the perspective of academics, the program is good? All the people that I know choose to do their 5th in other hospitals such as Richmond, Sound Shore, Mt. Vernon and none of them here.
In the perspective of academics, I do not think it is worse than you mentioned. Mount vernon I know.. it is not that good for sure. I know many there. They are not even using ERAS for applicaiton for residency. I mean they are well organised.

but this is product of cathlic medical centers which has very good reputation in the past. In that sense, it is ok program I would say.
I really appreciate the info, if there is anything else I will be glad to know. My email is monica_s15.
ok.. if you are going soon in the next 3 or 4 weeks. let me know I can introduce some one.
I am going for the "interview" this thursday but it is at Valhalla, and I will be around until Sunday.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »