Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can we use IPOD touch as a PDA - medicineintern
i can not change my planes in the middle and get an iphone. my program does not provide pda. so can ipod touch be a replacement.
any one
this is totally up to you.... you dont have to have a pda...... it will just make your life easier that's all... so you carry one pda instead of 20 little books....

i dont know much about the ipod touch.,.. but can you downloacd programs like epocrates and harrison's...etc. the same way you download them to a pda??

if you can, then it should be fine, if not... then i suggest buying a pda to make your life easier... or just carry a lot of books.. it is up to you!!

one more thing... you can always upgrade your phone ... it just costs more if you are not renewing your plan... but it may not cost more than a new pda... so why not just upgrade your phone?? it may be worth the extra money!!

ultimatelly, it is your decision!! have a nice day Smile
thanks for your comments. i have to switch the service provider. is that allowed in the middle of the plan. ?

i think PDa would for sure be very useful and i am gonna get one.

i did some search: ipod touch is not totally ready as a pda. iphone on the other hand is. thougn it also isn't useful with only windoes/palm based application.

i thought to upgrade my plan ( whichg is not at @ t) with a smartphone but it is costing nearly 100$/ month of phone bill.

any one else would like to guide us?

i personally know a lot of residents who have the palm treo (pda and phone all in one).... i know verizonwireless has them, and there are no extra monthly fees...

about changing companies... i think you can, but they charege you a fee... 200 or 300 dollars... depending on your company, you will have to call them and ask... and tell them you are thinking of changing companies because you need a new phone and they cannot provide you with one... they might offer you a discount just to keep you with their company!!
another idea is if you use a company that uses the little GSM cards in the phone ( i think t-mobil and cingular are like that) you can get a phone off of ebay for less, and just transfer your card... i have seen people do that, so that should work too. HTH.
thanks for the input. this should work out
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »