Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If i take my cs in nov...is it too late? -
moe

Hi,
Just wanna know if i take my cs exam in november...wud it b too late for the 2005 match?
i'd appreciate a reply.
minu

Then you wi get result in dec.It is still late.
nazeem

u can appear for cs till dec 31.
vk

this year is an exception because of the changes in the CS exam. The PD are aware of that and so the CS score will not be an essential part of the selction and interview process.

It will be ok to take the exam in Nov.
moe

Thanx minu,nazeem & vk for your guaidance....gl to u guyz !
Richard

CS results for 2005 Match may not be required for US grads. For IMG's they must be part of your application to be considered for the match. See their website.
vk

for richard said..please check that info. I believe that even for IMGs you are not required to apply with the CS score. You should have the result before the end of Dec.
drzinc

my cs would be in nov too..having the same concern..but ecfmg site says thats taking it by dec31 should be ok..but if u look at program requirements their deadlines seem much before that..i am confused! help!
abcd

how did you find out the program requirements....by mailing them or is it there on a particular website
vk

i am taking a course with kaplan and the program director said that this year the entire process is very unusual. Usually, programs like to have the scores before they send out interview calls, etc. But this year everything is delayed and dates are not available freely due to the US med gradutes taking this test. So PDs have been informed by USMLE (see website) and asked not to include CS scores as part of the requirement for interviews.

so don't worry guys! it's out of our control so no use worrying about it. good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »