Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i send my transcript to ecfmg 2 months back -
help needed

after i sent my transcript to ecfmg ,i received i letter from them that they will verify it from my school
i then checked my account on oasis it said that the transcript
verification is pending .
today i checked my accout it says that medical credentials
received but do not meet ecfmg requirements what does that mean .i am soooooooo depressed .what to they mean?
anybody with similiar problems
Same boat

Don't worry pal! I am in the EXACT same boat as you are in. My transcripts have been received by ECFMG on 5th March and yet they say the same thing that they say in your OASIS, i.e. "Credentials received but do not meet ECFMG criteria". I called ECFMG the other day and they said that this was because my college had not responded to the transcript verification. They had sent it to the college and they said they would send it once again. Don't worry. It's going to work out. Hapens to the best of us. Nothing to be depresses about. It's just a small glitch that will work itself out.

Don't worry!! Just call ECFMG and make sure they have sent the verification forms. Find out the date the papers were sent. Call your school and notify the appropriate people to look out for the paperwork from ECFMG. Tell them to send it back as soon as possible. Also, make sure your school gets the paperwork and also confirm that your school sent the forms back to ECFMG. If you do all this, then you just have to wait for ECFMG to receive your paperwork and verify your credentials. It does take some time, up to a month or sometimes even longer depending on how busy they are. Hang in there!
bb

hey you guys, There are two things ecfmg ask for for credential verification. If both are not done yet, then you will get such message on your oasis.
1st is verification of your final medical school diploma which i think you all are referring to according to above description. The ecfmg will send a letter back to your school to confirm that. second is the actual transcript that has all the details of your raw scores in each test and exams you took while in medical school.
If both have not been received then just contact you school.
suman

hey u all...i sent mine in july 2003 n they sent it to my college ion mar24th2004...still not verified n my college says they dint recieve it..wat to do....can we resubmit it
Hmz

Hi,
Let me add my sad story too....
My college sent them the verified documents in april 2004,yet in oasis,it says verification pending !!
minu

Hi friends, You need to talk to the ecfmg people.But I thinkyou should send them photocopy of the transcript and fina year diploma.Even after that it wi take 7 to 8 weeks .
Hmz

Hi,
ECFMG sent my transcript to my college on may27th....it's more than a mth. now.....but,my college says,they haven't received it as yet.....ECFMG says,they can re-send it,but,they'll do that after 4 weeks,since they're busy with other stuff at present.
Already,things r going late....after 4weeks,they're gonna send it & after it comes back from the college,they take another 4-6 weeks to process it...i dont understand,how this is going.
Is anyone also going thru this?...Please share.
carla

i am also in similar situation. my school had sent them this verification of my transcripts on 22nd may 2004 but my ecfmg shows that they have not received it yet. i tried emailing them but no response. what should i do? i am an img
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »