Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need HELP to get a visa -
Tarun - tony28@vsnl.com

i have applied for Step 2 CS in Chicago . Never been to the US before , I wanted to know is it better to apply with the ECFMG letter for CS and mention that I would be staying on for the Interviews or I apply purely on the basis of a pleasure trip to US . i really need Advice
thank you
BiS

I got mine with a visa letter the ECFMG send me saying to help me enter the US and that was all.
Tarun - tony28@vsnl.com

thanks fo replying , but would the consulate people be cool , if i tell them that i need to stay back for interviews and Match which make my stay in US for about 2-3 months or i should tell them that i am only going for step 2 CS and returning
adonis

these people have been v particular lately if u tell them that u will be staying for the interviews. If u r applying from sub continent indo pak , then i guess tell them that u r going to come back after cs. They do make a note of it and then when u come for J1 or H1 they tell u what u said before. Thats y so many people from Pakistan got rejected their j1s
Tarun - tony28@vsnl.com

thanks adonis .....so ultimately ur saying that its better to say that after your step 2 Cs , one will give interviews , rather then get rejected for J1 / H1 which u apply for ur residency ......
adonis

well, here people didnt take the risk and told the consular that they will come back after their step 2 cs and apply for interviews later on , Any way u decide urself wat u have to say and dont confuse ur self there
newbee

tarun, if i were u i will ask for cs visa by using the ecfmg lr and basing on the time granted to stay here i will play accordingly. may be they may issue the visa for six months and that will suffice ur need. if u say interviews etc, i dont know.., i think its risky.
Tarun - tony28@vsnl.com

Thank you adonis and newbee , now i will probably not mention interviews during the visa application .
doc

i am in a similar problem.Tell me please that if i will get a letter of support say from my brother in USA that he will be responsible for my expenses(Affidavit of support) will it be harmful for me?
I am in Pakistan.
The problem is this that i have not enough balance to show that i am able to support myself.Please reply
Tarun - tony28@vsnl.com

well i have heard that if u show that u have a brother in US , they are rejecting you , so its big risk
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »