Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't believe it -
wife again

I can not believe how messy the residency process is for img's. after passing all the exams even step 3. Having no visa issues and still nothing. I looked at the results for making it and I am shocked that only about 1/2 of img's are in residency programs. I am sick and tired of talking to people day in and day out that keep saying "maybe you should try something else" don't people realize that you put your entire life into medicine and thoes words are unacceptable. Maybe I'm just fed up but there has to be a bright light somewhere.
hy,,

hy,,
don,t woryy friend,,just keep it up,,don,t bother about what people say,,,just have ur own vision and proceed,,don,t let people to affect ur life,,,things will b better soon,,
bye
Easy

It is way more the 1/2

55% (2004 stats) of IMGs find positions in the match.

Also:
A large number of IMGs get pre-matches
A (smaller) number of positions filled in scramble and post match (it's almost 100% IMGs)
And some programs don't participate in match ( and almost 100% filled with IMGs)

So my guess is about 75-80% of IMGs every year find positions.

Good luck.
Kurt

I heard two of my friends got residency in the first week of this month (July) with attempts and low scores in NY. Hoping for the best!
kabayan

just keep on trying. apply early since you have taken all the exams. and impress them during your interviews.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »