Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
all those who dint match assemble here.. - shekar22k2
hi guys wats up...
hi guys
hi guys.. wats up.. any of u gave step 3 ??
hi.. guys.... how much time will it tak for a publication..
i am in too. I think we need to preotest infront or white house and make our voices heard. what do you guys think?
hi fresnoca...

i think proteting wont help our cause... rather than focusing on what we dont want, lets focus on what we want... i think making our resume top class shd be our number one priority.. what do u say ??
Please read this is the law
http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ETA/Title_...55.739.htm
hi highspeed.

i get ur point.. but v r not attorneys... v r doctors...... wat do u think v shd do ??
If you want serious suggestions, here goes:

1) Quit the forum, its such a negative drain of energy. Lots of BS advice and lots more hate mongering.
2) People planning to apply next match, why bother about an MPH ? You will have just started classes when you will be putting in your applications, if the term starts in august, otherwise you will have applied before you start MPH classes.
3) I do not how much research helps, because you can not get much done in 4 months considering you start tomorrow.
4) The best way to go about it is through getting some USCE, whatever it may be. Observerships, shadowing etc, something is better than nothing. And try and do it in places where there is teaching going on, the attending there know how to write Recos and what to write in them.

Its already april 19th, so its just 4 more months for the grind, so the absolute musts before the next round would be to

* Get done with step 3, if you are not a GC/Cit.
* Try and get some USCE, as much as possible.
* Do some research on programs to apply, applying to 30 programs might save you some money but you might lose another year. And look at your CV before applying, doesnt make sense applying to Univ programs with scores in the 80's. Even community IM programs dont entertain scores in the 80's.
*** And do not bother yourself with thoughts about having contacts in the programs, think of factors in your control. Not all people who match have contacts.

Keep the Faith and ALL THE BEST.
after applying to 150 programs early November,did not get even 1 IV
79 step 1 2nd attempt,88 step 2 3rd attempt ,passed CS second attempt, 2007 graduate , ECFMG certified 2007, 6 month USC rotations.
Just got a volunteer research at Mayo,doing an observ at a private clinic once a week.

what else should i do to improve my chances for 2009?

forgot to say i am a US Citizen.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »