Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
all those who dint match assemble here.. - shekar22k2
Get superb US lors ,prepare a fantastic ps, brush your interview skills ,research programs that accepted candidates with your scores [ i'd suggest u apply to community programs ]
You should be able to find a spot in FM or peads or IMSmile PUBLICATIONS,RESEARCH

All the best!!!
got 1 really good lor its 2 years old ,will get at least one more from the doctor i am training with now.
do you know how to improve my PS and IV skills
Thanks in advance
You need 4 lors in total and 1 of them must be from the head of department of your medical school in the same field as you are about to apply and 3 more from people under whom you got usce.NOTE LORS MUST BE LESS THAN 1 YR OLD FROM THE DATE OF APPLICATION.There is no golden rule but it is more prefered by programs.For ps and iv skills GOOGLE
Even if you put ' ps for medicine' in google u'll land up with a host of sites and their samples.Make your own from there.Same goes for iv questions

I'd suggest you also try to do a research observership available in many major hospitals .It gives an opportunity to learn how research work is done and a great learning experience.hell you might even get an opportunity to publish somethingSmile

Most imp apply to the right programs that accept candidates with your credentials.GL
Thank you for your help
YOUR WELCOME.

Someone was there to help me when i was new.Now that i have achieved my goals i guess its time to continue this long tradition of helping the nxt one-The only purpose for which this forum was ever createdSmile
THANKS A LOT

HI GUYS.. THANKKS A LOT.. KEEP POURIN UR SUGGESTIONS....
Hello guys...
I am not done with exams yet... but i am reading your input... its really appreciating to see all those who are putting info for others... I already have multiple attempts in step 1 and cs passed first attempt... so my cv will not be a perfect one when i apply for residency whenever that is going to be...

this thread is very helpful to me to make a future vision and use my wisdom to plan ahead of time... but I have few questions if anyone is willing to answer and help me out:

1. What is USCE???
2. I read in a university website in the requirements for application that USCE does NOT include Observership and/or Clerkship. So I wrote them asking what they mean by USCE but ofcourse they never answered me Tongue... Anyhow, so my question is WHAT in the world IS united states clinical experience????
does Medical Assistant counts as Clinical Experience???
if Observership counts what states or universities or programs count it as clinical experience?
what about clerkship?? and how to get any of these positions ???

any kind of suggestions would be helpful...

thanks
USCE=UNITED STATES CLINICAL EXPERIENCE.

CLERKSHIPEXTERNSHIP/OBSERVERSHIP all account for usce.Every program has a different view .The point is in your eras application you have just a couple of options inorder to list usce.if itz paid itz work if itz unpaid itz volunteering so externship,observership all comes under volunteering so just dont concentrate so much on what each program considers as usce. The point is that during usce if you were allowed to conduct history/physicals approach a diagnosis and discuss possible Rx with your mentor which obviously has to be mentioned in the LOR that you get it accounts for usce.

Top university programs want extraordinary students who have done something different like work in ER etc etc .Most community programs or community hospitals university affiliated will consider what i have mentioned above as usce. All that matters to them is that you have minimum 6 months of usce and what you have done since graduation ?
Hope that helps!!! ALL D BESTSmile
Count me in. I did a clerkship and had inpatient experience as well. I have a PhD as well. Let's share info.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »