Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its over guys! - darkhorse
I dont know how it went.....I dont think any thing in particular helped me....CCS wasnt very pleasant.....I had couple of NBME qs.....Swanson probably helped to some extent.....there is no point telling what to do and what not to do at this point....thanks to all my well wishers and I hope this will be the end of my USMLE exams....ofcourse I will be around till my results...depending on what I get I can advise the what is appropriate based on my experience and score....thank you again
hey congrats. we all will miss u. i am sure u will get a good score.

do u think reading whole swansons would be a good idea.

and for surgery is it enough if i study trauma and ortho from kaplan and surgey topics from swansons. surgery mcq's from UW and Kaplan q bank/ book.

i heard biostatistic q's are really wierd. is it so? any idea how to study that. GL.

I had 3 biostat q in exam....I dont think I could have done better by reading any biostat book....

Swanson did help me to some extent......

Kaplan step 2 books will definitely help.....

UW....its good to practice...I didnt have much qs from it though...
Thanks what about surgery.
The only part of swanson I didnt read is surgery....
I have surgical background.....and I think kaplan surgery is enough

ER cases are extremely lengthy...but the answers are easy
DH,

hey!!!
you survived it...
hmmm.....ur comments...what can i say...are similar to the folks who have faced the monster before you.
so not sure what really helps........huh!
swanson and step 2 study material.....
well good luck...see u around.
darkhorse, I'm sure you smashed this exam...
I think practicing a lot of q definitely helped me...specially the forum.....I think they test you extensively.....obviously 480 qs are a lot....every thing is tested....the qs are very lengthy...a good step 2 knowledge will be very helpful.....I think MKSAP was also quite helpful...although qs are not similar....but what information they gave in MKSAP comes very handy in solving the qs
tx bernie....time will tell what I have done...I am unsure at the moment...I am overall happy with MCQs ....I wasnt very comfortable with CCS... I had only 2 cases from UW.....rest all were different and new ones....I am sorry but I wont be able to tell what cses bcoz of the reason everybody knows...I dont know if more practice would have helped me...but definitely wouldnt have hurt me
Hey. did u follow only UW for CCS.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »