Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My notes: a small gift for you - triplehelix
sorry, here is the missing part of Neurology:

125. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis causes progressive respiratory muscle weakness that may present with supine dyspnea, frequent arousals, daytime fatigue, or morning headache.
126. Noninvasive positive-pressure ventilation should be started in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis whose forced vital capacity is
sorry, something weired, ok, let me write the rest of #125.
forced vital capacity is less than 50% or who has symptoms of nocturnal hypoventilation.

127. Neurologic symptoms in conjunction with normal brain imaging and the detection of a systemic cancer are most likely due to an immune-mediated paraneoplastic neurologic syndrome.
128. Memantine may alleviate cognitive symptoms and improve global function in moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease when added to cholinesterase inhibitor therapy.
129. Estrogen replacement in post-menopausal women with Alzheimer's dementia has not been shown to alleviate cognitive symptoms or delay disease progression.
130. Drug-induced psychosis in Parkinson's disease consists primarily of visual hallucinations, evolving at times into paranoid-type delusions.
131. Infection with fever can temporarily exacerbate a chronic neurologic defect in a patient with a previous stroke.
132. Partial complex epilepsy consists of stereotyped nonconvulsive seizures with loss of awareness and amnesia for events.
133. Myotonic dystrophy is an autosomal dominant disorder that presents with distal weakness and muscle stiffness and is characterized by cataracts, frontal balding, temporal muscle atrophy, and cognitive dysfunction.
134. Cardiac disease resulting in arrhythmias and respiratory failure due to diaphragmatic weakness are common features of myotonic dystrophy.
135. Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome is characterized by symmetrical proximal muscle weakness and autonomic dysfunction.
136. Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome is diagnosed by motor nerve conduction studies with repetitive stimulation.
137. Cognitive impairment accompanied by fluctuating lethargy and inattention, hallucinations, and asterixis is likely the result of a toxic encephalopathy.
138. Drugs that block dopamine receptors can induce acute dystonic reactions.
139. In acute ischemic stroke, tissue plasminogen activator is indicated if therapy is started within 3 hours of onset of symptoms, there is no hemorrhage on CT scan, and all other eligibility criteria are met.
140. All states require that an episode of loss of awareness be reported to government authorities, either to the Department of Health or to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
141. Hypothyroid myopathy is characterized by muscle pain, cramps, stiffness, fatigue, and paresthesias.
142. In hypothyroid myopathy, creatine kinase levels may be 10 to 100 times normal, but thyroid function tests should be performed before electromyography or muscle biopsy.
143. Paraneoplastic limbic encephalitis is most commonly associated with small-cell lung cancer.
144. Paraneoplastic limbic encephalitis is characterized by rapidly progressive decline in short-term memory and seizures.
145. The most common heritable form of Alzheimer's disease results from a mutation in presenilin-1.
146. Testing for presenilin-1 may be useful when a heritable form of Alzheimer's disease is suspected.
147. CT scan of the brain is indicated to diagnose suspected intracerebral hemorrhage.
148. Head trauma increases the relative risk for epilepsy by 10 only if there is penetration of the dura or loss of consciousness for more than 30 minutes.
149. Critical illness myopathy is common in ventilator-dependent patients who have been treated with corticosteroids and neuromuscular blocking agents.
150. Critical illness myopathy is characterized by ventilator dependence, generalized or proximal flaccid paralysis, muscle atrophy, and high creatine kinase levels.
151. Primary impairment of concentration and attention, as opposed to memory, is likely the result of depression rather than a neurodegenerative condition.
152. Carotid endarterectomy is the appropriate intervention in patients with symptomatic carotid artery stenosis, especially within the first few weeks after initial symptoms.
153. Depression is a possible side effect of many antiepileptic drugs, including phenobarbital, phenytoin, valproate, levetiracetam, and topiramate.
154. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, moclobemide, venlafaxine, and nefazodone do not increase the seizure threshold in patients with epilepsy and therefore are the preferred pharmacologic agents in depression.
155. Polymyositis is characterized by proximal muscle weakness, elevated creatine kinase levels, and needle electromyography showing diffuse fibrillations and myopathic motor unit potentials.
156. Results of creatine kinase measurement and needle electromyography are invariably normal in steroid myopathy but abnormal in inflammatory myopathy.
157. Antiplatelet therapy is the mainstay of secondary stroke prevention in patients with cryptogenic stroke.
158. Clopidogrel is the preferred antiplatelet therapy for aspirin-allergic patients with a history of stroke.
TH, you are giving an example of how a good and helpful person should be.

Dear forum members, I happened to know this guy for a relatively short time, and I didn't need even that much time to realize how a generous and a good friend he is. I wish you all the best TH. I might call you latter, as I did what I promised you.

This is awesome. Thank you.
Ei 3H, thanks for sharing those notes. Good Luck to you and keep up that attitude!
thanx man, i have made a word document of this
These are not small gifts..but only big hearts can give so much selflessly!!
I got high scores in step2 bcos of you!
Hope I can pass this too..

Dell med
TH,
Asante, but you are smarter. Wink Thanks again.
thanks a lot triple!!
thanks a lot.....I'm very lazy to write things...it saved me to be bored of writing...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »