Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can anybody plz help me -
dipti

Hi there to all. I am a failure at the ecfmg twice. Recent grad 2003 from India. i was not a bad student in college & had faired pretty well, but this exam has taken away my confidence entirely. at times I get frustrated & feel the lack of zest to do anything in life. I was never so weak , but I seem to feel helpless these days. I am 25 yrs old, doing absolutely nothing.I have a boyfriend & we shall get married once he gets into residency match 2005. he has cleared his step1 & step2 & appearing for csa very soon. I don?t want to remain without work for the rest of my life. My head is blocked & cant really figure out any other opportunities available for an IMG. I don?t mind any other para-medical field. I have certainly dropped the idea of giving this usmle exam. I shall feel that I had atleast tried for it. but friends I am in real need of help from all of u?ll in suggesting me the other fields after giving the GRE & TOEFL exam ,to make it either in ,,master of science(ms) or to do Phd. My boyfriend says it doesn?t matter whether I make it or not in this ecfmg exam, he shall always be with me, but somewhere down there I feel I need to be something on my own to get enough respect from my parents as well as his .i feel a strong need to have an identity of my own & have no hassles of studying a para-clinical or rather para-medical subject. I don?t mind if I cannot practice medicine, but I need to make it somewhere in the subject of science & human biology. Please suggest me any such fields to do a masters or Phd.i shall be thankfull to all of u.
paki.doc.

hy,,dipti,,
u really impressed me by ur realistic approach towards life which most of our asian girls lack.i,m not sure of different ways available here for img,s doc,s.but i think u may go for some nutrition courses from univ.also try to get master in public health,but i think steps r essntial for it,,
i really appreciate ur spirit,,keep it up,
best of luck
bye
think about it!!!!

Are you lazyy???????? Why can't you take the tests?????? Hey work for it..... it won't come to you that easy.... you have to work for it!!!!!!!! If you did med.school somehow.... you can do these tests tooo!!!!!! You don't wanna loose your MD degree becuase of these few stupid tests...... you can do..... go for it!!!! it's hard but you can work even harder and get over this wall!!!!!!!!

Good luck!
ishine - tinukedoc

hi
dont give up,i have friends with 3 kids who have failed but wont give up
take out time to think and encourage yourself ,this world is a jungle and you have to be strong for yourself.its good that your boyfriend will always be there for you,but as long as you studied medicine in india,you can pass the USMLE. just dont give up,encourage yourself ,find people to read and discuss with or go to Kaplan but dont give up
mmg - --

try more
dipti

i appreciate all your inputs, but i"m too scared to take up this test anymore, looking at the ,,time & money factor. i wont b able to take a failure for the third time, believe me, i shall loose all the faith & confidence i have as well as from everybody.
passpaces

there are plenty examples of failure, and yet they can be matched finally....i myself failed 3 times in my first professional examination, passed at the 4th time, and failed the third part twice, now preparing for the 3rd attempt.....
don't give up, there is always a solution...
take care and good luck
Hope - khaliqbutt

Dipti:
I am really disappointed with you. "Giveup" should not be a word in your dictionary. Get off your butt and your boyfriend, start studying. Things are not as difficult as you describe. If you can spend 5 years in India and study and survive in that environment. These exam are "piece of cake." Join a kaplan course and try again and again and never ever think that you cant do do. I am 100% sure you can do it and you will. You have to forget about boyfriending business for a while and seriious with your life. You will never respect yourself if you do not complete this. Just remember if others can do it so can you.
dada

Hi girl don?t loose hope have always courage and faith in your self failing 2 times doesn?t mean you are not good enough for the exam it only shows you did the same mistake some where try to find what it is because most of us before doing the exam we do the best and I think you have done the same try to do some questions with your friends and compeer and contract your self with others that way you can judge about your position and the next thing do you know how much time it takes to do some other study it takes minumme tow years within that range I think you can do your exam and the reward is great
apple

Hi Dipti! I was a failure too, failed step 1 once then passed (75%), Failed step 2 twice, took CSA (unknowingly I would fail Step 2, and couldn't match, note that I already started applying) but hey I passed. I almost wanted to give up on this ECFMG, I really did almost BUT I'm still here, studying for step 2. It took me awhile before I realized I that I can't be anymore happier than to practice medicine. I started pulling up my self-confidence by starting over with something easy like TOEFL. Then I started looking at USMLE forums like this one that will help me surround myself with what I can say "my thing". I was a silent observer of this forum and this helped me keep my feet back together and go on. Try to read other people's insights about failing and you'll feel that you're not alone., and somehow they are there to help you even you don't actually know them. Just think about it for one more time, and then decide. I'll wait for your post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »