Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the exam-my experience. - joannitam
elbamaritza.. thanks for your good wishes..!!!

bless you.
thanks jonnatiam.tht was helpful and reassuring.all the best and so share your result.
thx joannitam.. Smile
Dear joannitam,

Congrats on being done with your exams and thanks for sharing your experience.

I had a question abt physical. do we need to do head and neck examination for all the patient, does it come under general examination.? if not, what all did u do for gen examination.
i got the part abt focussed examination.

thanks in advance
hmmm...prathi.. im not sure about your question.

Really... trust me... in the real exam you have to be prepared to do focused examination... and some other systems if you have time... but you cant do everything...
try to practice like this...
as soon as you have your HPI... you have to know what systems to review...
if your case is a lung case (cough)... then focus on doing the complete lung exam... listen to heart... check for lymphadenopaty.. and other things if you have time...

i did not do a general physical.... really practice... :O)
hi,
how did you proceed to manage with your first case.wht did you do then ????please explain..
did you write down the points as you were asking the sp abt the HPIor were you writing as well as maintaining eye contact????.how did you do this part?
Well what happened to me was that when i heard the announcement, ¨you have 5 minutes¨ I had not started the PE... so that was scary... I rushed as fast as I could with the PE... and then the time was up. So I just said that I would come back and had to leave.

they knock on your door when the time is up and they make you come out.

so that was scary, but after that one... i did the questioning faster and got good timing on the rest...

I also wrote on all my blue pages... the PAM HUGS FOSS... so that helped me in all cases...

kola... I did write and then looked at them... I tried to look at them when they answered and then write down quickly...

always try to look at them when they speak.
looks like you had done very good.and i wish you all the best and thanks for taking time to answer everyone.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »