Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
history taking - bsvn
Recently I came across a medical website and learn that there are more than one way to receive information from the patient. and I seem to be interested in this method. It is called the patient-center method. In this method, we let the patient tell us the story...all we dois to ask the question "what esle?" and listen to the patient and then paraphrase and then wrap up....that's is it. By doing this way we can get as much as current information from the patient. Intead of follow OCD PQRST AAA and PAM HUGS FOSSIT...we just follow the patient's story. It seems to be simpler huh? and we dont have to be busy with the mnemonic any more. I just wonder it would be working in step II CS???
How much time doe it take for a patient to describe his/her entire medical history? Thinking of a 60 yr old post menopausal woman who also has DM, HTN, osteoporosis, 2 C-sections, 3 abortion/miscarriage, h/o smoking, drinking, drug use.
I guess what I want to say is that for CS we need to take a focused history. We have limited amount of time and not all history is related to C/C.
hmmn thats interesting
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »