Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it ok if i write internship under work experien -
uday

please i need a reply... thanks!
hmm

a big FAT -NO-
vj - mvldr15

why not?? in USA internship may be is differnet and in india and some other countries intership is the work done by u as a doctor in the hospital after u complete ur medical studies and for which u r paid.i want to know y doesnt it come under work experience.all my friends some of them who entered residency already, have kept their internship in the work experience.
Rakhal

You can.
I put it under work experience as one paragraph - describing what we did as interns.
AND I got 4 interviews.
Don't listen to anybody. Do it your way.
uday

thanks for the reply... but in our country internship is part of medical education.. we take it after our graduation and before we can take our exams... were' not even paid for it.... what do you think?? anyone??
Rakhal

I'm not sure for you uday, I am in Indian IMG, this is what I did and it worked for me.
fg

Hi uday! I'm also thinking about it...We're on the same boat. ERAS people don't know it either. They said let's use our best judgement. Will it affect our application if we place it under work experience? If anyone knows, pls help. I tried putting it under medical education, but it does not seem to fit in. I remembered one program coordinator said in the other forum that the most important thing is that we list it down... but the question then was not about internship training. Anyone in the same situation who had submitted his/her CAF and received interview calls, or anybody else who can help, pls reply. We'll appreciate it. Thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »