Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why? -
sunny - xyzw99

Why so many programs ask the minimal score 80? Is there big difference between 75 and 80. If 80 is the minimal, why not make 80 as the passing score?

To be a great doctor is really depend on the score. I do not think so.
cue

Im sure there are programs that have no minimum score requirements, you just have to find them and be willing to live in rural areas or states which aren't exactly your first choice.
manju

the programs with no minimum requirement, are they bad ones?
cue

I'm not sure if they are "bad ones", but probably not as competetive as the higher standard ones. All I know is that residency is residency.
dont be stupid

Programs who have "No cut off score" are sometimes the most competetive ones. Try applying to harvard. they have no cut off scores and every application is "viewed individually"
kabayan

That's not true... Harvard programs carry a minimum of 90 and requires USCE. You can check it out.
farrukh

What about emory georgia.It has no min or year of grad cut off,and that does not mean anything by the way,and they look at the application as a whole,Mr Kabayan.
cue

well ofcourse you've gotta use common sense! emory, harvard and the likes don't need to have a cut off score cause for imgs thier cut off is off the chart! also if they don't list usce required is probably because they're thinking well duhhhh, ofcourse usce is required.
I was only talking about those rural community based programs in the middle of nowhere that have no min score requirement not ivy league programs!
Dan

Well i have seen some graduates gettting into university program with low scores and have many friends with high score into low profile program. Though High score is required in majority of programs to get an interview call but beside that many other factors also counts. like USCE, GC, and little PR.

For IM, this has become more competitive day by day, low score and without any additional performance/or GC,USCE on your resume, its always advisable to hav a back up plan in other fields, psychaitry, pediatrics or family practise.

Low score + GC= good chances
Low score + USCE= fair chances
Low score + MRCP or Residency abroad= fair chances
Low scores alone= LUCK (God help us)

I dont wanna disappoint or offend anyone. its just what i concluded.
Dan

having said that previosly. I really wishes GOOD LUCK FOR ALL OF US
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »