Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice on electives and usmle preparation - sss_kkkirti
hi everyone . i need to know how i can find out universities that are IMG friendly and give psychiatry/radiology/anesthesia electives without any usmle step 1 .
how do i start up with usmle step 1 prep? shuld i read review books and kaplan both? shuld i focus more on mcqs right from the first day?

please reply
no hospitals/universities wil give u electives with out your ecfmg certificate..first read kaplan books,then do q'ns give the exams complete, and then u can apply for observership or externship.. for img's there is no electives offered..
thanks beatle.
will i get ecfmg certificate only after i finish off my usmle step 1 ? is there no way that i can manage an clerkship before that? coz im in final year now and i will not get enuf time to prepare for step 1 . please reply
u can get ecfmg certificate ONLY after completing step1,2 and CS. what are you trying for clerkship? or you mean observership? International med students used to get into clerkships in their 3 rd yr[ by paying lots of fees] thru 5th pathway program but nw they have removed that program. looks like you have no info regarding this exam criteria.. go to this website.. ecfmg.org all the info is given there.
being an IMG u can only try for observership or externship.
what is fifth pathway program? so can i do observership during internship?
if you're a last year med student u can get an elective,but not if u're graduated.yale offers electives without needing to pass step 1 if u're still a student
thanksa lot carotid. do u know of any other universities that offer electives without needing to pass step 1
many universities do that but you have to go to their website and see what the requirements are and you can also call them and they would answer all your questions. So, the best thing would be to check the website of the university you would like to do your elective at. good luck.
VISIT WWW.GMCGROUP.ORG
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »