Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to deal with the patient without eye contact - dreamlot
what we need to say in the front of pt? thanks
dreamlot, I don't know if I understand your Q, Eye contact means you just look in the face,eye or what ever,forhead of the patient. But, most importantly, in the eyes while you are questioning, discussing, counselling,closing the case. This way of eye contact will develop confidence in patient's mind that you are a true caring DR. But, if you simply see around and don't see in the face/eye of the patient, then he/she considers that you are not caring.
I don't know how much you understood me, any input from the forum member.
A depressed patient may not respond to you by not making eye contact. you can say that it seems that something is bothering you a lot.can you share it with me? I want to understand your concern so that I can help you.whatever you say will remain confidential .I also understand that it is difficult to share personal life events with others.but I if you share them with me we together will try to alleviate them.please tell me what has brought you here today?
take time to watch patient response also ask is everything in room ok for him/her? is there anything that you can do to make him/her more comfortable?
after sometime patient will respond by making eye contact
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »