Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peds residency - sbdoc
hi everyone.i am due to join pediatrics residency from this year 1st july.can someone please suggest a list of books that i must have before i join??.i am looking to get hold of them before i start.thanks so much for all ur help.
You don't need any books for pedi residency
just go ahead ..........
what was ur score to get into paeds and whic university/hosp did ye get into...
yes sbdoc, could u pls let us know your scores on the steps.. thnk u.

how about you start with the bible of peds : Nelsons ?
you should read Harriet Lane. That's what all residents carry, not Nelsons. I bought 2 latest copy. Let me know if youre interested to buy the extra one. Otherwise, im just keeping it until fellow incoming interns get it. :-)
Ok guys from a former peds resident i can tell you most residencies provide you with the harriet lane if they don't BUY IT for sure. Call and ask them first after the match because most farmaceutical co give them to the residencies for free.

You really do not need any other books with you. In the hospital they have Up to date and you can access the the hospital web for good evidence based papers. At the end of each year most programs buy the PREP (Peds review series, very good by the way. It consists of several books with Q&A in peds to help you prepare for boards and in training tests). Almost all residencies will pay for your AAP membership wich includes the monthy book called PEdiatrics (EBM in peds ) and comes with a small booklet called Peds in review (VERY VERY GOOD AND a should read. 5 yrs of these books would cover every single topic recommended by the AAP for the peds boards).

Hopes this helps Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »