• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
let god bless you all my friends - ccmmddtt
friends i'am 2003 graduate
step1 76-on 3rd attempt
step2 75 on 3rd attempt
cs-pass on first attempt
1yr research exp at harward
8mth clinical exp in us
6mths hospital experience in us as observer at a good program but never seen img
green card.
little loan money left to apply
please tell me ur honest suggestion friends what are my chances for family medicine

sorry its harvard i spelt it wrong
I think you have a very very good chance to get a position.. your attempts on your steps will hurt you, but your research experience and usce will help. Make this the last time you apply, and do everything you can to make that application perfect. work hard on your personal statement, and send it to an editing company. Your written english is good, but I can't comment on your spoken english. If its not as good, then work on that as well. Apply to many programs, you will get a spot.

Tons of luck!
good luck for u too rehabinator.i appreciate ur time and advice........its encouraging.
rehabinator...u are just too real .. u are awesome, goodluck
I don't think you will have a very very good chance of getting a position because of your attempts, 6 years from graduation. Despite your attempts, you have very low scores. That will hurt your application very much. Don't set your hopes too high. You might get disappointed in the end.

Since you have little loan money left, I would imagine you will be applying to less programs. This will also lessen your chances of matching. More people are applying to 50 and more programs.

Don't hate me for giving a negative comment. This is what I have observe from the previous match. Even Family Medicine is getting competitive nowadays. And most programs will treat you as an IMG even if you have a green card. The match rate of IMGs every year is going down and since UK/Europe is closing its doors to IMGS, expect that more IMGs will be applying this year.

Goodluck.
not passing step 3 will hurt your chance .pd will wonder about how difficult it would be for you to pass step 3 and also to pass board in future.
so pass step 3 with good score to increase your chance.
i agree with rvmd
you have a lot of work to do.
g/l . keep on fighting.
thanks for you both too,i know any challenge there will be both possibility and nonpossibilities u told me that beware of later
Hi ccmmddtt !
Can I have your email address?Mine is kaushik_mishra2001@ yahoo.com
TC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »