Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old grad? - globus
does residency experience make up for year of grad for an old graduate?i am 02 graduate.did residency till 05.

am i 3 yrs old grad or 6 yrs old grad?
7 years. This is the 2009 Match already, not 2008. You start counting from the year you graduated from medical school.
rvmd,

which yr is counted?the yr I passed my final mbbs/ or the yr written on my final mbbs certificate?

I am confused about which yr grad I am?
written on your certificate
thanks,it makes 2 yrs difference.
according to last years match many old imgs mentioned that,the year you apply is counted,not the year you start your program.its i think from your yr of grad to 2008.so 6 yrs.
so,globus, did u say that last yr they mentioned the yr on the medical diploma certificate as the yr of graduation?
pls clear it out.
thanks.
6 or 7 means the same, the criteria is >5 y = old grad.
Welcome to the club!
your grad yr is whats on you degree.not when you passed.

i know 5 yrs is the cutoff for most places. but hopefully the clinical experience will help and i also read some where that though some programs have cut off dates,but they there are some programs which still dont consider it a hard and fast rule.

On the contrary I think programs now prefer experienced candidates as evident by this match! Fresh grads with ace scores are no better considered in comparison to old grads with decent experience. This is based on my experience with my colleagues - fresh as well as old!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »