Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My exam experience - pranav
Dear Friends,

I gave my exam on 9th June. There was a delay of 10 minutes in starting the exam and the answer from prometric was, ''exam syllabus changed''. I don't know what it means.

On the whole , I felt that exam was much tougher compared to UW and NBME 5, UW sim exam.

There were about 10-15 cross sections of brains and spinal cords which I didn't expect( Didn't expect that many). Most of the exam questions were tested in depth compared to UW questions.

Alot of questions came from acid base balances and respiratory physiology, which were just above the basic standard.

I don't want to scare u all. But I think good preparation is necessary before attmpting the exam.

I shall tell u more about exam and other stuff after my result.

Until that time, bye bye.

Many thanks to zealot who helped me to learn some important concepts and thanks to confused2confused( I am confused), who put NBME 5 key on the forum.
thanks for your post.
so, what do you think about UW after taking it. Is it worth to get UW or not?
thanks in advance
pranav.. goodluck with ur results..

ur comment was alittle scary to be honest... what those syllabus changed mean?!!! did u feel it covered stuff u havent read??!!!! what did u use to prepare for the test? kaplan?!!

sorry, but i would really appreciate it if u could elaborate a tiny bit more..
hey pranav, take it easy now and leave rest to god..i am sure you did your best and everything will work out. I know its easier said then done because couple of days you keep thinking about those questions, its natural feeling. Just pray and good luck my friend.
Hi friends,

My intention is not to scare anyone. I just put what I felt and heard in test centre.

Regarding questions, I thought they tested the same topics but in great detail. For an instance, if u know that , Obesity can give respiratory difficulties, it's not enough. They asked PO2, PCo2, Ph, HCO3, both during exercise and at night time. This is an example of , how the questions are different.

As 2confused2bdoctor rightly said, it could be a normal feeling about the odd questions which come into my dreams aswell after the exams anyhow.

I don't think they can ask questuions outside Kaplan range, but thoroughness in the concept u study is important.

Thanks for ur wishes. I shall let u know kore about exam and other stuff after the results.

Good luck to u all my dear friends.
I think UW and Kaplan are must to prepare , without any doubt.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »