Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the PD offers prematch... -
confused

and you say that you would like to go for the match...will they
be ranking you in the match?
In that case would that be better to schedule the interviews
in Dec-Jan , when there are no prematch positions?

Pls some one help! Thanks in advance.
confused

pls some one...Iam in a great confusion!!!!
sun

my opinion:

it depends. Some will rank you anyway even if you refuse the prematch. I believe most of the programs will do rank you, unless they fill all the positions with prematchs. Some may not rank you but the chance is slim. I may be mistaken.

I think if you want match only, you can still go early. Just resist the appealing prematch :-) Of course you take a risk for not matching and end up with nowhere
confused

Thanks sun!!
bts

I think that ifyou refuse a pre match, the chances that you will be ranked are slim. They would think that by refusing to take a pre match you have shown your dislike for the program. They do not want to have any unmatched positions at the end.
chetan

Hi,
Why would you attend the program if you dislike it? Every PD knows that not all the interviewees rank his/her program first and that they (interiviewees) would like to keep their options open. From what I have read and heard from others, the program will rank you high provided they have seats left after pre-match.
BUt, thats just me,
Chetan
bts

You can go there for practice before your big ones. You dont want to be stranded at the big ones not knowing how to answer a question. I have heard that most people with a good number of interviews do that.
confused

thanx bts and chetan!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »