Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
img friendly residency list - drdarshan82
Hi all,

I just wanted your opinion on the numerous available "IMG Friendly Hospital" lists out there. I will be applying to Internal Medicine (categorical) this year. They seem highly variable. Is there a "definitive list" out there? :confused:

I also came across a site (MatchAResident.com) with an interesting "search engine" based on your stats, and some useful data like the % of IMG's in a program, and visa offerings. Does anyone have any personal, or secondhand experience of this or similar sites? Credibility wise especially... because it costs $75 :eek: to get full acess to the IM list.

Thanks.
usmlein.com has free lists
I will like to suggest you here that no matter from where you get the list do care to call atleast some of the programs to know about the requirements. and also try to look at their website to figure out how many imgs do they actually accept.
some programs do mention that they sponsor visa but you may find that there is no img in the program.
you can also inquire about the program by sharing info here as well.
some programs change their criteria near august or sep..so check that as well
gl
try img - interactive . com
Take a look at img - Interactive . com try the free registration first
A to Z guide to get Residency-YOUR FORUM QUERY

See top result
https://www.usmleforum.com/?q=img+imresi...une+9+2011
(5,800 views in past month alone!)

CONTENTS
a. Visa
b. Obama Care and 3000 new Residency Positions in 2013

1. Old grads
2.USMLE Course Ratings- THE TRUE STORY…SPECIAL PROGRAMS FOR CARIBE STUDENTS; Good course options for working mothers TOO..
3.USCE-PAID PhysAsst Scholarships (e.g., even Physician /Surg Assts make $120K per year!) and Free UNIVERSITY Externships
4.ECFMG
5.Efficient residency search;OLD IMGS UPGRADE RESIDENCY APPLICATIONS THROUGH GOOD STEP 3 SCORE!;SPECIAL OPTIONS FOR CARIBE STUDENTS ONLY

AS OF 08 -20-2012 THERE ARE 8 IMMEDIATE PGY-1 POSITION ADVERTIZED IN NYC AREA- SEE APPENDIX "4"
6.LORs-Perfect Samples
7.Personal Statements- Perfect Samples
8.Salaries of MDs (e.g., even Physician /Surg Assts make $120K per year!)
9.Back-up Professional careers for unmatched
10.Back-up paid Clinical Positions in Practices for those with MD but not in residency
3 Current IMMEDIATE USCE PAID Positions in Physician Practices-NO US Residency Training NEEDED!

???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »