Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gave step 1 on 23rd june - radiologist007
hi 2 every1,

i m sorry for posting my message for the first time. i am a silent visitor of this forum.I am an old post-graduate, a full timer Radiologist. i have a 2 year old naughty daughter. rarely got enough time 2 read along with the job. still managed 2 get at 3-4 hours a day, 6 days a week 2 read. i prepared for 3 months 4 step 1. 2 months reading and 1 month solving UW questions.

1 week before, slowed down my reading.travelled 2 mumbai by train.1 day before enjoyed the ambient atmosphere at Lonavla. slept for 6 hours night prior 2 exam.

reached 1 hour before with lot of Tea and snacks.

started by skipping Tutorials.

gave my blocks in this manner: first 2 blocks - break (5 min) - 3rd block - break (5 min) - 4th block - break (10 min) - 5th block - break (10 min)- 6 th block - break (15 min) - 7 block - feedback (8th block = 5 min ) - done.

it is an exhausting process. u need enough of energy, concentration and ability to sit constantly in front of a Computer for 8 hours.

i did the materials only once.

kaplans lecture notes (except biochem and Behavioral) + First aid + Goljan lectures + slides + UW (skipped renal and part of cardio).

i felt exam to be 40 % experimental. in those questons, i came to the situation of 2 close options remaining which were very difficult to cross.

2 blocks were easy. 5 were just Ok.

dont know about the results - whether +ve or -ve? and if positive, about the percentile?

i will recall the questions and will put in subsequent posts.

wishing u all a very best in ur coming exam.

please pray 4 me ...............c u soon
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »