Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I gonna give up applying this year residency - lhscd
Dear Friend

I have thought how about I can do since I got CS result in Jul 18 2008. I passed Step1 as just passing score.

My original plan is to pass CS and CK until Aug. But I have just got a schedule of CS in July 16, 2008. I didn't give a exam of CK yet.

My CS result will be released in Oct. Probably, in Late Octo, my certi will be released. At that time, I think the possibility to get interview is so low.

So, I decided to give up this year. I sacrificed my family to come to US too much. I have been doing Observaship in US for 3 months by myself. My family is in my country.

So I feel guilty.

Frankly, even if I got ck 99, I think the certi date is so late, I think I just get 1-3 interview.

So, now I'll apply for my country residency program which is started in Sep this year.

Hopefully, next year I'll apply for a residency in US and get matched.

Take care guys

why don't you still give it a try? Do you want to go for IM? When can you take CK?
I think I can take CK about late Aug. Thanks for your comments friend
Actually, I failed in CS, so I reapplied for CS waiting for exam date, July 16 , LA.

Thank you
What's your step 1 score?

If you don't mind going to any program, you should definitely give it a try, I don't think there's much to lose other than money and the effort. Of course, if you wanna take it with more calm, just wait next year and apply fully.

In my case, I have step 1 and CS done. I'm also in the debate on when to apply, but I'll try my best to get the CK done in the middle of August. Scores should be back by 1st week of September so it should be OK. Why don't you try doing CK middle to August?
CK is not a problem now, CS score report will be released in Oct
Thank you anyway for your good comments
I think u r being too defeatist.Last yr i took step 1 in July, CK in late sep, CS in Oct(got result + Certf in mid dec).Initially i had only 1 intvw but by late dec, early jan i had 9 intvws, got 2 prematches by my 4th intvw.The point is never give up.U can apply in sep wth step 1 & CK, after ur CS comes out u try to take step 3 as early as possible.Never say never.I also had a friend that failed CS in aug, retook it in Dec, got CK result in dec as well.Had only 1 intw and matched.We both needed visa.Its ur call man, but i wkd see it out if i were u.GL
Thank you for your comments.
But you know, I failed in CS. How can I cover this problem?
So, I am really afraid., however, I really want to apply for residency in US.

I really appreciate your comments
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »