Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USMLE forum Jeoprady Game! - pepsi00
I am gonna throw questions.who ever answers first will get 1 point with explanation(highlighting the points)

This post will be ongoing throughtout few weeksssssss!

So who is ready to play

I will still have my normal questions on separate posts!

The winner at the end of it,will get 2 week supply Pepsi(diet or caffeine)

So WHO IS READY!

GAME BEGINS

A 29 yr old man with a history of injection drug use presents with complaints of fever, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, joint pain and abdominal soreness for the past few weeks. He has no pharyngitis or swollen cervical lymph nodes. He reports that his urine is dark and you see that the sclera of his eyes appear yellowish. His urine is dark due to

A) dehydration
B) conjugated bilirubin
C) unconjugated bilirubin
D) blood
E) AST and ALT (liver enzymes)
B) conjugated bilirubin
Paddy82--brief explanation- on why your answer is ,it may be right or wrong. Smile
Clinical senario suggests- Infective Hepatitis. Both conjugated and unconjugated Bilirubin are elevated. But unconjugated form is not excreted in urine. Its the conjugated which is excreted.

Given senario doesnt suggest dehydration.

Blood in urine obviosly will be red colored.

going to sleep pepsi, bye gud night.
Paddy is right!

UNCONJUGATED BILIRUBIN IS NOT FILTERED BY THE KIDNEY. IT'S LIPID SOULBLE. THE CONJUGATED FORM IS RENALLY ELIMINATED (WATER SOLUBLE), AND APPEARS IN THE URINE GIVING THE URINE A DARK COLOR.

A gastric biopsy is performed on a patient with suspected graft-versus-host disease following bone marrow transplantation. The biopsy demonstrates many isolated dying epithelial cells in crypts showing fragmented, hyperchromatic nuclei and small discrete blebs containing both cytoplasm and nuclear fragments. The biopsy demonstrates which of the following?

A. Apoptosis
B. Caseous necrosis
C. Coagulative necrosis
D. Gangrenous necrosis
E. Liquefactive necrosis
aaa

the question stem described the characteristics of apoptosis.
excellet
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »