Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
most imp message for those applying 2009 match... - drangel
My friend just got matched last yr after graduating in 2001 and here is wat happened....Just posting to lift your hopes guys/girls as there are many a..holes who want us to lose all the hope we got, Hope this helps.....reply if it boosts ur confidence to show ur support....Wishing best of luck to you in bests interests on mankind..

CREDENTIALS:

1.IMG

2.GC

4.step 1=85 step 2=90 cs pass all first attempt step 3 =yet to take

5. 1 yr primary track observership/1 USLOR

6. 149 progms in int med applied to

7. total intvs=23 , attended 15 ranked 14 UT @houston, mercer univ school @ macon, med college of georgia@ augusta, maimonides, marshall univ, new hanover@NC,richmond univ@staten island, mt sinai elmhurst, coney island hosp.,LICH,st lukes@bethlehem,flushing , brookdale univ

8. was offered 1 prematch@ LICH brooklyn--refused the offer

9. MATCHED AT ut HOUSTON-----MY FIRST CHOICE
congrats for your success, .
i am old grad 2002 would you like to share your application places because you appilied 249 so plz email me presiusmle
hey thats great, congrats !
its really inspiring.
so can u tell me what chance do u have if u graduated 2005 and CS passed 2nd attempt.
with scores 90+
plz do reply to me.
thnx
u urself appear 2 be a great a..hole (in ur language). i ve seen ur language at many places in dis site. u people do all ur best to give false hope n lure people with low score and weak profile so as to keep ur dirty business running.........
dont rob people like dat , everyone is sort of money with all these steps of exams.
for god sake plz dont play wid our sentiments........................
thats a great achievement. ut houston is one of the top notch programs. how can one get primary track observeship? most programs ask for usce of 6 months.especially its ok for them if the experience is from uk,and canada.

iam an old grad too and have no visa issues.i do have clinical experience for almost 3yrs,ie i did residency in another country.i am yet in the process of give the steps and looking for 2010 match.

does ut houston consider clinical experience from another country?is it possible to get any observerships there?if so how to approach?
Hi Drangle,

i don't think you are giving anyone any hope.

#1: your score is above average, all first attempt.
#2: you are not old img. If you talk about old img, talk about someone grad before 2000, like me, grad from 1995.
#3: the MOST imp part: how many ppls can get the f*king 1 yr observationship here? just this unique qualification alone made stand out over other thousands of ppls. If I could even get 3 mos of observationship, my confidence would have gone up 10 fold.
#4: my cousin had both scores over high 70's, but he had 8 mos observationship, 3 US LOR, and he even got in a IM residency without going into match. The place he observed had an opening in July(one new resident didn't show), and he was the one stayed here the longest, so he got the offer, went straight to residency.
#5: now days everyone scores double 90's, it's the us observationship that gives the residency, not how high your score goes anymore. I've seen so many people scored double low 80's with multiple attempts got residency because they had long us observationship.
#6: sadly, nice and responsible people like me, who need to work, support the family, fulfill the family responsibility diligently, who can't afford to not work and do observ DON"T get the residency.
#7: sadly, people who already have alot of money to burn, to do observ w/o working get the residency.

Congrat to your accomplishment anyway, but your creds are way better than most of the forum friends. So I don't see any confidence you can boost.
hey congrats friend...thanks for trying to help us all who are still in the race.....
CAN U PLZ EMAIL UR FRIEND'S PROGRAM LIST AT efawad.I AM IN A SIMILAR SITUATION.
Iknow that some docs give observership LOR for 1 yr when in reality the observer did it for 1month.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »