Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
once you choose specialties in LOR cover sheet - tothematch
Can you then change your mind and apply to others? Assuming the LOR is already sent to ERAS. Anyone please?
Of course yes. Assignment in LoR coversheet is only for ECFMG convenience. You can change it while finalizing LORs in ERAS. Once finalized, you can't change that particular record of LOR assignment to any other specialty as you can't delet it. But if you still want to change it after finalized it, you have to creat another record of LOR assignment in ERAS with changed specialty, and inform ECFMG about that. This is like taking a print out of some text. Once printed out, you can't change it except you take entirely new print of that text with correction and use that only. Finalizing LOR step is mainly for giving indication to ECFMG that they can upload a particular LOR. I hope you understood. If you are still in doubt at the time of finalizing LORs, select "All Specialties", so that all the letters will be available for final assignment for any specialty you will be applying to. But you still have to select only 4 of them for a particular program.
OK, so basically as long as I select each letter for "all specialties" I can then use it to apply for whichever other specialty I want. Am I correct? Thanks so much.
Absolutely. I had the same doubt which I clarified with ECFMG. All the best.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »