Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whts the cost! - mach222
can any of u pl lemme know the cost of img-interactive and similar sites cost for the (IM/FM/MED-PEDS/SUGR)img lists
thank you in advance
which website is free ???????? any reply please ????????
40$/ specialty. They don't have list for Med-Peds.
no such thing as a free lunch ximfoom Smile). but even if u get the list from websites mentioned above, we have to verify it by going to individual programs. it has high sensitivity but not so high high specificity ie some programs mentioned to which u will be eligilbe will have completely different reqs once u visit yr website. but only a few. whwn i was searchng for im programs, i came across 2programs which according to img interactive i could apply to , but their reqs were different when i saw their website.
Price for IMG - Interactive:
1 specialty - 39$
2 specialties - 69$ save 10$ => 35$/specialty
3 specialties - 99$ save 20$ => 33$/specialty
4 specialties - 129$ save 30$ => 32$/specialty

Available specialties for 2009: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Surgery and Pathology.

Why IMG “ Interactive?
They have the most complete and up to date 2009 U.S. medical residency information for IMGs. Their system has been proved very effective over the years and programs from their list are likely to extend interviews.
Their interactive way to build your list of residency programs to apply for has been very successful. You are in charge and is not just a computer generated list that may have a lot of flows ( like do not take in consideration the number of attempts )
The colored selection of residency programs according with your credential to narrow down your search:

Green- You Qualify;Optimized version of a computer generated list (take USMLE Score, Number Of Attempts, Years Of Graduation, U.S. Experience, if you need H1-B or J1 ..)

Yellow - You May Qualify . This is very important because it contains programs that are missed by others computer generated list and you may qualify;

Many related information about a residency program in one place. Direct links to: Freida, Residency Program website, the program review on other sites. Be able to add comments and assign a Status information.

By using this site you will save time, money, keep you organized, have easy direct access to other sites related to the residency program.

IMG “ Interactive has been around for more then 4 years and has the best track record. Go to the site and try the free registration and see what they offer and also try to contact applicants from last year who used the service. It tries to keep the cost down (no expensive advertisement, 80% of the new members comes from referrers) and put all the efforts to have the best IMG information

To flanker99. Some programs may have changed the requirements from the time we research it and you are using the site that is why we put the direct link to Residency Program website to double check. It takes 1 minute.
Can you specify which programs did not match img requirement with the sire. Thanks.
i am not saying that i am not pleased with imginteractive. on the contrary i am happy that it saved so much of my time. here are the codes of the programs whose reqs i couldnt meet:
1404111373 404121388 1402411181 1404311400 1401212108 1403821334 1401621456
1400421030 1402521187
i know that they are more than 2 programs.
the requirement i didn't meet was clinical experience in US. otherwise there was no such problem. but i completly aggree with u that the reqs of programs must have changed over the course of time. dont blame u for that.
To danamironmd and all,
I bought img interactive 2 wks ago, It gave me more than 250 lists.

I've average score and it gave me list of programms I surely know they wouldn't consider me.

For me it is nonsense to get 260 list out of 380 something programms,what's the point of having ur list and it's almost FREIda list.

So for me its irresponsible what img interactive is doing and my fellows dont throw your money away. Use it for applying to atleast 2 programs.You better do your own search or I dont know but a friend told me that Img prep gives a much narrower list.

But for me it's enough
usmlein.com has the lists for free.
To flanker99. Thanks for your info to make the img interactive a better site.
I did go to each of the programs you suggested and compare with the info an the web site.
I did not feel that img information and comments from the site needs any changes except for one where i added some info.
Note The information from some of the program web sites is from 2007 or before so the recent (july 2008) emails we received from them may be different.
My suggestion is when you check the program web sites try to find the last update if is recent that the 07/2008 go with the web site info if no use the info from img interactive.

Good luck to you!
fflew23, if you do the research yourself you will find that there are many programs that list no criteria. That is why the list is so big. Instead of looking at it as nonsense that you have a list of 260, you should look at it with the view that you are not wasting money at the other 120 programs.

FREIDA does not list minimum criteria. It just has general information about the programs, like how many position available, how many people they interview and contact information. You should use FREIDA as a supplement to the lists.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »